annabeth chase x reader

"Y/n, please, I'm trying to work!" Annabeth grouched as you repeatedly poked her shoulder.

"What? Don't you love me more than," you strained to read the words on her laptop. "Pythagoras?"

Your girlfriend looked up at you, a stricken look on her face. "Don't. Don't make me choose between you."

You sighed dramatically and fell backwards, bouncing against the edge of the bed. "Annie..." you groaned, kicking your feet. "I'm bored..."

Not looking up, she tossed a book at you. "Then here. Read something." You glared at the heavy novel in front of you. "I don't want to read about whatever this is~"

"It's the collected works of Epicurus," Annabeth interjected.

You frowned at the back of her head. "Fine, the collected works of Epipen. But I want to go do something!"

"Go train or help Leo blow up the climbing wall again. Just let me work!"

"But I want to be with you..." you sighed, sitting up and wrapping your arms around her shoulders. She rolled her eyes and squeezed your hand.

"Let me just finish this. Seriously, let me just write this report and we can spend the rest of the day together, okay?"

"Alright, deal." You clamoured off the bed and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "See you in a bit."

"Love you," she mumbled as the door closed behind you.

You wandered outside, squinting when the sun hit directly in your eyes. "GUYS! WATCH WHERE YOU SHINE THAT THING!"

"Sorry, Y/n!" the Apollo kids chorused, before readjusting the chariot's flight path.

"Why he let you borrow that, I'll never know." You muttered, continuing your walk through the camp.

"Out of the way!"

Clarisse barrelled her way down the path, a stack of helmets piled in her arms. You swerved to avoid her, catching one as fell from her grip.

She nodded in thanks, then inclined her head towards the forges. "Bring that over for me, would ya? If you're not too busy making goo goo eyes at Featherhead, that is."

You rolled your eyes at her comment, but made your way to the smoky building regardless. Leo was sitting on a bench, fiddling with a piece of scrap metal. He looked up when he heard you approach and waved.

"Hi, N/n. What'cha got there?" he asked, pointing to the helmet. You looked down at it and shrugged. "No idea. Bringing it for a friend."

"A helmet, doofus. It needs to be fixed." Clarisse said grumpily, coming up behind you and dropping the rest of them on the table. "And we are not friends."

"Sure, bestie, whatever you say," you teased, placing the helmet back on the top of the stack. "Where is everyone? I haven't seen too many people around."

"Apparently someone set off a minor sleeping curse. Will figures it should wear off by tomorrow, but until then most of them are out of commission."

"Who's out of commission?" Annabeth echoed, stepping into the forges. "It's nothing, birdy, don't worry about it." Clarisse called, causing her to scowl. "Whenever anyone says that, it just makes me worry more."

"Relax, Annie. It just means we have the camp to ourselves for a little while," you cooed, resting your forehead against hers. She visibly calmed down and leaned into your touch.

"If you two decide to have sex all over the place, I won't hesitate to stab you both." Clarisse's annoyed shout brought a blush to your faces, and Annabeth violently cleared her throat.

"Mind your own business, would you?" she yelled back, before grabbing your hand and pulling you towards the door. "Bye, Leo!" you called as your girlfriend dragged you away.

"Could you maybe slow down?"

Annabeth dropped her pace to a jog, and you smiled in thanks. "Where exactly are we running to? Not to complain, I love this, but~"

"I don't know, anywhere you want," she said quickly. You noticed the tremor in her voice and stopped, pulling her back with you. "Annie, what's wrong?" you asked quietly.

Annabeth lowered her head. "Nothing. I just felt bad, I guess, that I wasn't spending enough time with you?" She sniffled slightly and rubbed at her eyes.

"I just don't want you to feel unloved, okay?"

You smiled softly and gently kissed her temple. "I don't, I promise."

She turned her big gray eyes to yours. "You're sure?"

"Trust me, if I felt unloved, you'd be hearing about it, LOUDLY."

Giggling, she hugged you tightly. "Good. Because I love you so much."

"More than Pythagoras?"

"More than Pythagoras."