A sweet turn

Nikvi was separated due to their engagements. In Meerut, Pallavi balanced work and both her houses perfectly, like she was already a Jaisingh. On the other side of the world, in New York, Nikhil was learning how to cook overseas meals. Both were doing very great and were missing one another so much. But our lovers were strong enough to handle that. Only one call away to feed that lack, not every single day though, as they decided to challenge their relationship, grow stronger, and not distract each other.

Three months passed since our lovebirds were far from each other, and the Christmas holidays were coming soon but most of all Nikhil's birthday.

A weekend, on call.

Pallavi- Hello, Jaisingh!

Nikhil- Hi, Mrs. Nikhil!

Pallavi- (pleased) How are you doing?

Nikhil- Doing great!

Pallavi- And your fever, all ok now?

Nikhil- Yes, Doctor Pallavi, all fine thanks to you. What about there, is everything all right, parents, you?

Pallavi- Haan, all ok, we just took Dad for another appointment.

Nikhil- How is he doing?

Pallavi- He is fit and fine, nothing to worry about.

Nikhil- Ok, I know he is in good hands.

Pallavi- Nikhil...(with her sweet and low voice)

Nikhil- Yes.

Pallavi- No...Nothing, wait a minute Maa is calling me! Hang on!

Nikhil- Namaste! to her.

Pallavi- Hmm

Pallavi went to talk to her Mom and then come back on phone.

Pallavi- I'm back, so where was I?

Nikhil- Trying to tell me something.

Pallavi- Yes! Woh...holidays...I mean what's your plan for this holiday?

Nikhil- Well I talk to Mom, can't make it to India.

Pallavi- Okay, what is your plan there, Mr. New Yorker?

Nikhil- Seriously, Pallavi?

Pallavi- Kya hua?

Nikhil- No sadness in my absence for the festivities.

Pallavi- Why? Should I be?

Nikhil- Nahin. Well, I'll be here, alone, without my lovely new partner because she doesn't care about me, stuffing myself with cakes and watching those Christmas movies on a loop.

Pallavi- Wow! And how is she looking? That new partner of yours. How can she ditch such a man, like you "The" Nikhil Jaisingh?

Nikhil- Well my poor destiny I guess. She is an apsara that comes to me all night in my dreams to enchant me. Quite tall and her eyes, oh my God, just blow me away.

Pallavi laughing.

Nikhil- Pallavi!

Pallavi- Nikhil! (laughing more louder)

Nikhil- It's not funny.

Pallavi- Oh my poor Nick J. On a serious note, I miss you too.

Nikhil- I miss you more.

Pallavi- Seriously, an apsara that enchants you (back at laughing). Is that the effect I do on you?

Nikhil- You can't imagine (delighted to hear her laugh), at least I made you laugh. I wished I could've been there to see your pretty face at this moment.