Chapter 6: Ayla

I'm afraid that I speak such a complicated language that no one seems to understand me

_______________________________

Hannam. Our temporary new home this summer.

The production team rented out two tiny yet modern houses next to each other with a connected garden in between. According to assistant Mrs. Lee, living in Hannam, which is a popular and peaceful era, with international schools close to it, is a very popular era of resident within Seoul. Close to not only the Hangang River but just around the corner of the Maebong Mountain Park too.

"You should all go visit the Hanyangdoseong Sunseonggil Observatory, its really beautiful. And we'll get amazing shots from you all if we catch a good weather day"

While driving through the neighborhood, we saw villas, small bakeries, and grocery stores. Naeun had already checked the subway station, a 30-minute walk from our house. Not bad buy not good. But everything comes with a price, and if this was the only minor issue, which couldn't even be counted as an issue if we're honest, it was fine.

The interior design was dipped into modern meets chic black and grey aesthetic wherever you set your eyes on. The spacious living room had cameras installed from multiple angles to film you while you were in the kitchen, chilling on the couch, sitting in front of the tv, or just from the corner. There was also another camera installed at the entrance of the house. If someone were about to break into the house, he'd make a special guest appearance in the show. The two bedrooms and bathrooms were camera free, as we were assured about before the contracts had been signed. Some privacy was necessary, even for a show that was being filmed inside the houses.

Mina was my chosen roommate for the next three months. Tala, being my roommate, would have ensured me a little comfort zone. I was familiar with this new journey, but we both agreed that it would be better to be roommates with the Korean girls and get to know them better. If something went wrong, we could still adjust the arrangements; it wasn't as if we were committing to our partners for life.

Mina and I stood beside the assistant with anticipation as we were told which room we would receive. Accepting the envelope with both hands, as it was considered polite in South Korea, we opened it: 1

Room number 1, here we go.

The guys were sweet enough to carry our suitcases to the next floor. I watched Jonghyun trying to balance himself while carrying both my suitcases.

"You know you could carry them in 2 rounds as well?" I asked him as he balanced himself, the suitcases barely standing on the steps but releasing him from the weight a little.

"There are no second rounds or two trips, Holmes," he replied with a cheeky smile before he picked up both suitcases again, taking another step up.

Since our cultures are more conservative, we were advised to keep the PDA minimal but communicate with our eyes and words to make us look like a real couple. The way we talk about each other. The way we smile at each other. The way we support each other. Which I gladly appreciated.  It shouldn't be too hard.

Once the guys were upstairs, we skipped the stairs to enter our rooms:

Two beds with a nightstand each, a desk, a window with a view towards the garden, and a bathroom for us. The whole room was kept in the same black and grey aesthetic downstairs, the fortunate almost greeting us with their polished shine. Jonghyun and Tatho rolled our suitcases inside the room after us and then left to carry them inside their villa.

"See you for the introduction!", Tatho said before the guys left the room.

Which meant the individual clip filming was scheduled for an hour.