Chapter 20: Jonghyun

Have you ever sat down at night
In the presence of the moon
And cried your heart out
Because of who you are
Drowning in the ocean of doubt

__________________________________

If there were a scientific way to feel her lips on mine for the rest of my life, I'd like to be introduced to it.
No kiss had ever lit up my whole body the way hers did.
No kiss had felt this good before.
No kiss had ever made me wonder how I had gone on with my life, never tasting, not even gracing the surface of such a sensation.

Head dizzy, with heated skin from the fire erupting inside me, I attempted to get drunk by her intoxicating kiss. The whimper she let out when she fisted the collar of my jacket made my stomach coil, heat rushing further down, and I couldn't help myself from pressing her tighter against me, not feeling yet close enough to her despite the fact there wasn't a single inch of room or air between us. I needed her closer. Skin on skin. Fuck, I needed her.

A clinging sound against metal startled us, and we pulled away, breathing heavily. We looked at each other, Ayla's lips swollen with plump evidence, her lipstick worn off from her lips. I then looked towards the direction where the sound might have come from. What the-

Two girls were standing at the door's entrance with their phones up, filming us.

"Jong-" Ayla started, holding onto my jacket tighter. I instinctively wrapped my left arm that was previously holding onto her thigh around her shoulders instead, protecting her against me.

"Can we help you?" I annoyingly shot at the two intruders, my voice more irritated and rude than I intended to sound. But I was irritated by two strangers lingering on us and filming a very intimate situation between my girl and me. Ayla was trembling against me, and I caressed her back, shooting.

"Sorry, you two just looked like Tommy and Leyla, and we-" the blonde-haired girl started while she held her phone up, but this time, Ayla was the one who interrupted her. Her voice icier than I had heard from her before: "Don't you consider it rude to film strangers' privacy like that? Lingering around with them now knowing. Did we consent to being filmed? I'm pretty sure we didn't."

Whistle through my mind, my oh my.
Good comeback, little moon.

"But we are such fans of Tommy-" the black-haired girl started this time, but Ayla interrupted her again: "who's fictional and has sadly no say in this reality. Jonghyun is a human being with feelings, including giving consent for being filmed, like me, even if he's portraying Tommy tonight. Have some respect."

I looked down at Ayla, who was watching the girls with stern anticipation. To back off and leave us alone. A wave of pride knocked over me of Ayla speaking up for herself. And me. I gave her shoulder an assuring squeeze.

I'm proud of you

Her attention was still on the girls, and she moved closer to me.

"You're right... We're sorry for interrupting you two like that", the blonde girl admitted and put her phone away. "Yeah, we're sorry... you guys look like the perfect real-life Tommy and Leyla", her companion said before they both walked out the door.

We stayed in the same position for a while, looking back into each other's eyes—way to interrupt us.

The hold the girl in my arms had on me was tighter than any chain in life could ever have over me.

Ayla suddenly started to laugh under her breath, catching my attention.

"Care to share, love?" I chuckled with her, watching her eyes set on my light up.