Before The Catastrophe

and  just  as  the  world  was  about  to  end ,  a  bolt  of  lightning  fell  right  on  her .

Earlier that morning

❝ Unnie! ❞ she cried out as a heavy weight tackled her awake, ❝ Owie. ❞ the slightly taller brunette groaned sleepily with a pout only to get Irene to quickly sit up and pull Seulgi to sit as well.

❝ No! Not the pout! ❞ she whined before cupping the younger girl's cheek, ❝ I'm sorry! ❞

❝ Hmph! ❞ Seulgi grumbled as she swang her legs out of the bed and slid her feet into the slippers beside the bed before raising to her feet. 

Irene sighed getting off the bed and walking up behind her, ❝ Come on, you can't possibly be mad at me. I said I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. ❞ her arms wrapped around Seulgi's shoulders. These two had been best friends since the moment they met 26 years ago.

The younger female sighed in defeat, ❝ You owe me. ❞ was all she stated before giving her the usual "you're forgiven" smile.

❝ Good! Now hurry getting ready or I'll drag you out wether you're ready or naked. ❞ she teased before walking out of the room allowing Seulgi to undress and head into the shower.

After she had gone through her whole morning routine, Kang made her bed before heading down to meet with Irene, however the older female didn't seem to be anywhere in the house.

❝ Unnie? ❞ she called out entering the kitchen but nothing, ❝ Where could she have possibly gone? ❞ she continued to look around and just as she was about to open the front door, she was jumped on by not one but three other girls, ❝ GAH! ❞

❝ Surprise! ❞ all three girls exclaimed with a bright smile.~

❝ Happy birthday, Seulgi bear. ❞ Irene said walking in with a cake in her hands.

❝ Happy birthday! ❞ exclaimed Joy, Wendy and Yeri before hugging Seulgi one at a time.

❝ Geez, this is what's worth giving me a heart attack for? ❞ she asked shaking her head with a chuckle, ❝ You girls will be the death of me. ❞

As I mentioned before Irene and Seulgi have known each other for 26 years now but how have the girls all come together? It was actually a funny story. Fifteen years ago, as Seulgi and Irene walked home from school they decided to stop by an ice cream store and just as they were walking in, two girls bumped into them on their way out. While Wendy and Joy panicked because one of them got ice cream all over Irene, Seulgi burst out laughing making Irene let out a laughter as well. They sat and talked for a while before exchanging numbers.

As for Yeri, they met 6 years ago when they were hanging out and caught an older man hitting on and harrassing a young girl, that was shy Yeri. Seulgi ran towards the teenager and pushed the man off of her. She pretty much adopted the girl regardless of the short gap of age difference between them and now Yeri was like her little sister who she made sure to protect at all times.

As Irene held the cake with the lit candles, they sang happy birthday to her

❝ Come on! Let's cut the cake and eat so we can take you out. ❞ said Joy with a tender smile, this five girls were inseparable.

After cutting the cake and each eat a slice, Irene walked up behind Seulgi and put a blindfold around her best friend's head.

❝ Eh! What are you doing? ❞ Seulgi asked slightly panicked, her hands had quickly reached up to grab Irene's hands to stop her.

❝ Calm down, just trust me, Seulbear. ❞ Irene said ever so softly in a reassuring manner making Seulgi cave in and release her hands, allowing her to tie the blindfold before grabbing Seulgi's arm to tangle it with her own so she could carefully lead her out of the house and into the car.

Irene helped Seulgi into the backseat before hopping in herself and Joy on the other side leaving Seulgi in the middle seat while Wendy hopped into the drivers seat with Yeri on the passenger's side.

❝ How long will this take exactly? I have to be at the boarding school for the dance classes soon. ❞ the brunette worriedly asked. She was a professional dancer for the most part, a quite well-known one, but every friday she'd teach a classroom of 15 little kids whose parents were paying extra for those classes.

❝ Don't worry! You'll still be there on time. ❞ Wendy spoke from the driver's seat, her eyes glued to the road before soon parking the car, ❝ We're here! ❞

Irene helped Seulgi carefully exit the car before escorting her to the surprise they had prepared once they stopped, Irene removed the blindfold from her best friend's eyes.

❝ Eomma! Appa! ❞ she exclaimed out running into her mother's arms. Kang hadn't seen her parents since she turned twenty, nine years ago. Her life had been so busy with teaching dance classes and the constant travelling overseas to perform and so were the parents, so much so whenever she was free, they were busy and vice versa. It had been only texts here and there. Sometimes a five minutes call.

❝ Sweetie! Look at my little girl all grown up. ❞ her mother said hugging her tight, a few tears escaping the elder woman's eyes.

❝ Eo-omma! T-Too tight! ❞ she gasped out before her mother lightened her grip.

❝ Sorry, sweetheart. ❞ her mother wiped the fallen tears with a smile plastered across her lips.

❝ How's my favourite little dancer doing? ❞ her father asked pulling her into a tight yet brief embrace.

Seulgi let out a soft giggle, ❝ I'm good, appa! Busy, but happy. ❞

❝ Any new potential boyfriend? ❞ her mother asked tenderly making her father's eyes open wide.

❝ Who is he? I must meet him immediately. ❞

❝ Eommaaa. Appaaa! There isn't anyone, I'm to busy to think of relationships at the moment. ❞

❝ Oh but dear, you'll be thirty next year. You must marry a handsome man and have your own children. ❞ her mother rushed making Seulgi let out a sigh.

❝ Maa! My career is at it's peak, I can't simply put it aside. It'd be making all my efforts and hard work go to waste. ❞ the petite brunette affirmed. She understood her mother's worries but at the same time she wanted to focus on her career.

Changing subject, Seulgi and her parents caught up with all girls now sitting and having breakfast with them at the beautiful cafe. Until Seulgi had to get going so she wouldn't be late for her dance class.

As the day went by, it eventually began to thunder as the news set the whole world in panic. They were saying the world would end by midnight. Classes were cancelled for the end of the day and every parent came to pick their children from the boarding school so they could spend the last hours together.

Seulgi had to walk home since she had been dropped off by her friends, it was raining and tundering so she waited to see if it would calm down but when the rain had stopped it was already 23:58 so she headed home while thunder and lightning stroke and just as the world was about to end, a bolt of lightning fell right on her.

To Be Continued...