14

Janella's POV

"I really owe you, bro!"

"No worries, for you, man! Take care of Maxine ah..."

I am speechless with what I am seeing right now.

Florence is having a fistbump with Joshua while holding a bouquet.

My vision is becoming blurred as my tears are approaching to fall down...

So, I am wrong...

It's not Florence who invited me to this fucking dinner date...

It's not Florence who loves me...

It is still no other than Joshua, the one who courts me and the one who always needs Florence's assistance...

"Hi, Janella. As usual, ang ganda mo palagi!" As he approached me, giving the flowers.

I cannot process anything and I felt numb because of this.

"You guys enjoy your night!" Florence just waved her goodbye and started to walk away from us.

But I immediately spoke, which made her stop.

"Joshua, sorry. I cannot accept the flowers." Both of them, Joshua and Florence, are stunned by what I said.

"You don't like the design? Papali---"

"I don't love you..." I saw Florence turned around and looked at me now. Correction, both of them are staring at me.

I took a deep breath and looked at Joshua, gathering my thoughts.

"I need to be honest with you... I appreciate your feelings and I know that you've been supportive and caring to me, but... but I don't feel the same way about you." It is visible that Joshua is hurt by what I said.

"I agreed on your plan to court me because it is true that I like you. Since those times I glanced at you while playing basketball in the School's gym, I began to develop a crush on you; however, that infatuation never gets bigger.

It never gets bigger because there's someone I really love even before I know you, Josh...

I know, I feel like I am betraying you because there's someone who already won my heart, but I really tried and convinced myself to choose you...

It's just that, siya pa rin talaga kahit anong gawin.

Sorry, Joshua. Sorry talaga..."

I am breaking down at this moment, my tears are continuously falling.

You cannot be weak now, Janella.

I wiped my tears and ran away from them.

However, Florence grabbed my arms.

"Ma-Maxine, a-ano bang sinasabi mo? Baka nalilito k---"

"I thought we already understood each other, Florence! I thought you already loved me, but why did you agree to this plan of Joshua?!"

"Because he's my bestfriend, I don't have choice but to ---"

"That's bullshit! You always have a choice and you choose to be a coward!

For Pete's sake, can't you still get it?!

It's not Joshua who I love...

It's you...

It's always been you since High School."

"High School? Ho---" With her confusing look.