Epilogue

Jane's POV

They're right... duwag naman talaga ako.

I never have the guts to fight for the things I like or love, because I always think of others first.

But after what I heard from Maxine and Joshua, I know it's about time for me to have courage.

Sana hindi pa huli ang lahat...

"Maxine!"

Fortunately, I saw her sitting on one of the benches outside the hotel.

"Maxine!" I called her again, but when she saw me, she quickly stood up and walked again.

I ran towards her direction to stop her and explain everything.

"Max, wait." As I touched her arms, took a deep breath.

When she stopped, I hold my knees para mahabol ko ang hininga ko.

Nakakapagod pala talagang maghabol... literal man or metaphorical.

"Ano?! Utos pa rin ba 'to ni Joshua?!" She faced me, so I looked up.

"Oo... I mean, n-no... This is just me, taking one step to show that I also love you."

"Love your ass, ganiyan naman kayo! When the girl confesses to you, when we already hurt, that's only the time you want to take a risk because what? Immediately realize our fucking importance. You're all coward, especially ---"

Since I cannot stop her from talking, I can't think of any plan, but to kiss her.

It started as an unexpected kiss, her eyes are just opened as I continued to kiss her; however, it began to be passionate as we both closed our eyes.

"Ayan, tahimik ka na... I have chance to explain." After I ended the kiss.

I wanted to laugh because she's just touching her lips and tulala, but I cannot.

It's your time to confess, Jane.

"Maxine, listen to me. Call me coward or what, but I didn't fight for my feelings kasi akala ko all this time that Joshua is the one you really love.

I'm so oblivious, sorry I was wrong...

Mahal din kita, Maxine..." As I cupped her face again.

"M-mahal mo talaga ako?"

"Oum... But I never got the chance to be vocal about this kasi mahalaga kayo parehas ni Joshua sa'kin and I cannot afford to lose both of you."

"She's right, Janella. Mas nauna pa nga siyang na-fall sa'yo kumpara sa'kin." Joshua as he approached us, kasama niya rin si Mark and Paolo.

"I just want to apologize for the both of you, ako pa ata ang nagpagulo nang naudlot niyong love story." Joshua added as he tapped my shoulder.

"See? This is just me now, Maxine. Finally having strength to speak about the feelings I had for you since we're in first year College."

"First year pa lang?" Again, she's just confused.

"Yeah... All the secret glances, stolen pictures and hidden kilig are all started that year...

But I want more time to be with you, that's why I joined every org, club or contest na kasali ka kasi you're my safe place, right?" We are both becoming emotional now.

"Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi lahat?" As she caressed my face.

It's funny how I also asked that exact question to Joshua a while ago…

"Because I thought destiny has another plan for us. Hindi naman ako gahaman, so I am contented admiring you secretly." Nag-uunahan na naman ang mga luha ko na bumagsak.

"But I guess, iba nga talaga ang plan ng destiny, an unexpected plan perhaps kasi I never thought that you will love someone like me...

I never thought that you'll remember the first time we met kasi 'di ko na talaga maalala eh...

I never thought that I could have this kind of moment..." As I held her hands and gently touched it.

"Before I forgot, to answer what you asked last night about me having a girlfriend...

No, I don't have a girlfriend at this moment...

Also, I don't think I can have one pa, unless..."

"Unless, ano?"

"Unless sagutin mo ako ngayon..." As I kneeled down and slowly opened the ring box I bought for her.

"Matagal ko na dapat binigay 'to sa'yo kaso ayon nga, torpe ako... Naunahan tuloy ng bestfriend ko."

Baliw nga siguro pero there's something that pushes me to bring it with me as we go to this resort.

"Tsss... Sinisi pa talaga ako." I just chuckled because even though Joshua whispered it, I still heard his rebut.

"Hey! I thought as a girlfriend pa lang! Why are you acting like you're already proposing to me?" As she giggled which I really find attractive.

"Well, almost 4 years na rin naman kasing tayo sa utak ko kaya eto...

Will you marry me, Janella Maxine Salvador - De Leon?"

"My Florence...

You're still the silly girl I met before...

And yes, I'll marry you..." I happily stand up and wear the ring for her.

"I'll marry you but..." She added.

"But?" Medyo kinakabahan na ako sa part na 'to.

"But we need to finish College and I also need to continue studying Law first."

"Yeah, of course... I'll wait you kahit ilan pang taon ulit..."

"Yowwwn, ano pa bang sasabihin natin guys?" Joshua shouted.

"Mabuhay ang mga vadengsss!" We just all laughed after Joshua, Mark and Pao shouted that phrase.

Kim and Joj also shouted it. Andito na rin pala ang mga kaibigan ni Maxine, hindi ko napansin.

"Mga baliw --- Uy, loko ka bestfriend!" Intentionally, Joshua gently pushed me on purpose.

Ganon din ang ginawa nila Kim and Joj kay Maxine para mas mapalapit siya sa'kin.

I guess, this leaves me no choice...

As we became closer, I cupped her face again.

"I love you, Janella."

"I love you, Jane..."

We shared our first passionate kiss as a couple while hearing our friends teasing us.

And with that, I must admit that I am the wingman who fell in love first before the actual suitor.

THE END