✧༺♥༻𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒༺♥༻✧

A/N: The video in this chapter is here to provide background music. Since I know that there are some people who like listening to it while they read. There will be more videos in the chapters to come. They all have the same purpose.

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥ 

Azul had a routine. Go to class, go to the Board Game Club (when after school activities were open), open the Mostro Lounge, sign contracts, sign paperwork, study, sleep, rinse and repeat. However Valerio would come up and ruin that routine. There isn't a day that goes by where Valerio didn't bombard him with snarky remarks or compliments. It was infuriating to say the least. Everytime he did it Azul would get aggravated and forget whatever he was currently doing. It didn't help that Jade and Floyd would tease him whenever he voiced his grievances. It's not like he could stop or prepare for it either. Sometimes it would happen in alchemy class or sometimes it'd happen after school in the Mostro Lounge. He wanted this nonsense to stop.

At least at the beginning. Since instead of just ignoring it (or at least trying to) and getting angry Azul had decided to make comebacks of his own. Sometimes he gets the upper hand and Valerio gets aggravated instead. Azul had finally turned the tables on the troublemaker, which caused him to feel a rush of pride. And with this new sense of pride he would sometimes start the banter and provoke Valerio. This was just to get even with him of course, but there were occasions where Valerio would win. Which made Azul provoke Valerio even more. Whenever he would get into these little fights it had filled Azul up with a rush of adrenaline. It was exciting and made him look forward to next time. Which might have led up to now.

Because now... now Valerio has plagued Azul's thoughts. He wasn't sure why, but his red haired rival would pop up in his mind. He could be doing 20 things at once, completely focused and yet his mind will still wander towards Valerio.

Gym class?

Can Valerio fly that high?

Talking to someone?

I wonder if Valerio will show up?

Making improvements to the Mostro Lounge?

Maybe Valerio would like it if I did this?

Even now as he's signing paperwork on the desk his mind drifted towards his adversary. Thinking about what it would be like to get him to sign a contract. What would he want from Valerio? To stop annoying him and plaguing his thoughts! That way he can focus on work and not him. And yet... and yet he kept doing it. Maybe this was the work of a spell... yeah that's it. A spell that Valerio casted while he wasn't looking, or maybe a potion? That's gotta be it, right? Right?

"Is something wrong?" A voice asked, snapping Azul out of his thoughts. "You've just been glaring at that paper for a while."

Azul looked up to see Jade and Floyd in front of him. Well Jade was in front of him, he had set a couple more papers down on the desk. Floyd was lying on one of the two leather couches in the room. He was looking up at the purple ceiling. Probably not in the mood to do anything.

"Yeah, you've been glaring at it like it killed your vibe," Floyd said, tilting his head to look at Azul. There was a bit of concern knitted in his mismatched colored eyes.

"I'm fine," Azul reassured with a sigh. Returning his attention to the paperwork. "Just have something on my mind."

"Something, or someone?" Jade asked.

"What makes you say that?" Azul asked, raising a brow.

"Cuz you've been staring at Coconut Crab a lot lately!" Floyd answered. The teal haired boy then sat up from the couch.