Kellin Quinn - Tough love

I knocked on the wooden door, the sound echoing throughout the neighborhood. Chills spread throughout my body like somebody was rubbing ice on it. It was freezing and I was already regretting my outfit choices. I was wearing a 'sleeping with sirens' shirt and a whole bunch of different silicone band bracelets running up one of my arms. They stopped beneath my elbow. I also paired it with my black denim shorts that had a diamond studded belt going through the hoops. I definitely wasn't prepared for the cold weather today, and my fishnets and black converse that were beat up did not help.

The door opened revealing my boyfriend, Kellin. He was so beautiful but even that was an understatement. The most hottest man could be standing next to Kellin and suddenly the hottest man would turn into the ugliest man. Nobody could ever replace my favorite white boy. "Hey Y/N!" He greeted, grinning. One thing I never understood was how he got so happy when he saw me, I was a boring girl but to him I was everything. A point of view that always baffled me. "Hey Kells! Can I come in?" I asked already knowing the answer.

He's gotten really comfortable with me so when we became official I could come into his house without knocking or giving him a heads up. As for me...well I live with my dad and my dad has high expectations for the men I date. Kellin probably won't please him so we always hid our relationship from my dad meaning that he couldn't come over to crash at my house. Today I was hoping to change that.

"Yeah, by the way what brought you here?" He asked while pushing the door with his back so I can enter the house. I walked inside and turned around to look at him. "Well, does it bother you?" I asked teasing him a bit. His eyes widened and looked at me. "No! Of course not, I was just-" "Kellin, I know. I was just messing with you." I interrupted snorting. He rolled his eyes and closed the front door. "But seriously I'm here to talk with you about something." I answered truthfully. Kellin looked at me suspiciously with his surreal grey eyes. "It's nothing too bad." I added biting on my black colored nail, a anxious habit I have. He raised an eyebrow. "But your still stating that its something bad." Kellin observed. "Maybe." I remarked. I didn't want to get him too scared. "Why don't we talk in your room?" I suggested. "Sure.." He replied hesitantly.

We went inside his room and I was the first to run over to the bed and jump on it face first. Kellin laughed at my sudden burst of energy. He is used to it now since I told him about my ADHD. He accepted it with open arms which I was thankful for when I first met him. I sat up and leaned against the wall while Kellin sat next to me on the bed.

"I want you to meet my dad." I blurted out. He looked at me surprised. Something else flashed in his eyes, fear. "So that's the news?" He asked scanning my face searching for any sign that I was pranking him. "Yeah." I replied looking at him. His expression was unreadable although I had a feeling he was pondering of all the things that could go wrong if he met my dad. "Listen, I want you to know something Kell." I paused making sure Kellin was paying attention to me. I wanted him to hang on to every word I said. I looked into his eyes that were swimming with self-doubts.

"I love my dad don't get me wrong but at the end of the day I don't care what he thinks about you because i know I want to be with you. You are the one Kellin. So if you think I'm going to leave you just because of something my dad said you are wrong. I trust you with my life. I love you with my life. You are my life. Understand?" I said. Kellin looked at me speechless. His eyes teared up with what I'm assuming was happy tears. I was instantly met with his warmth, he was hugging me like his life depended on it. "I love you so much." He said through tears. I ran my hand through his dark brown hair, it was tangled but I didn't mind. "I love you too Kells."

(Time skip to when Kellin meets the dad)

I knocked on the front door loudly so my dad could hear. He was probably watching football like he always does on Saturday nights like these so I wanted to make sure he heard me over the TV. I was waiting outside with Kellin since he was finally going to meet my dad. My dad was never fond of the idea of me dating a 'rockstar' so this is going to be a little bit out of line for him. Kellin was really nervous but I kept reassuring him that everything would be okay and it would all work out.

My dad opened the door and his eyes instantly fell on Kellins face. He then looked at me raising a eyebrow. "Hey sweetie, who's the guy?" He asked in his country accent. Hey dad..so this is my um boyfriend.." I explained cautiously. He looked at Kellin again and raised a eyebrow. "H..hello sir." Kellin stuttered, extending his shaky hand out for my dad to shake. He shook his hand roughly. "Well, I'm hoping your treating my daughter right." He stated. Kellin nodded. "Always." He confirmed. I smiled to myself. How'd I get so lucky? "I'm also hoping your not a singer, eh?" My father asked jokingly. I stiffened at the joke and was about to interfere but Kellin beat me to it. "Actually...uh yes I am..sir." He replied nervously. "But he treats me right, he's so caring and he's honestly the best guy I could've ever asked for dad!" I added before my dad could say anything insulting. "Well, I sure as hell hope he does." He remarked glaring at him. "Come inside, I need to make sure you are who you say you are." He stated. I sighed already knowing my father was going into overprotective mode. Great. Kellin looked like he's seen a ghost but I grabbed his hand to let him know that it'll be okay. He looked at me and weakly smiled. I felt bad but I knew this moment had to come eventually.

"So what kind of music do you make?" Dad asked his first question. We were sitting at the dinner table and dad and Kellin were across from each other. The scene reminded me of a police interrogation room. Kellin fiddled with his hands nervously trying to avoid eye contact with my dad as much as he could. "Rock." He answered finally gathering the courage to look into my dads eyes. "Are you one of those rockstars who use women?" He asked slightly disgusted by the concept.

"Dad, he's not one of those entitled rockstars, trust me." I intervened. My dad looked at me and back at Kellin sighing. "Listen Kellin..you seem harmless enough but I swear if you hurt her I won't hesitate to hunt you down." He threatened. Kellin's eyes filled with a mixture of relief and a hint of fear. "Yes sir."

After Kellin finished talking with my dad I noticed they got along really well. They shared similar interest which intrigued me. I never knew that my dad would like Kellin this much but then again, who doesn't? After they were done talking it was nighttime. "Alright boy, it's getting late and I think your mom would be concerned if you were out this late at night, you should head home." My dad suggested to Kellin who was eating a cookie from one of our cookie jars. He looked at me and smirked. What does he have planned? "Mkay, I'll be on my way, thanks babe for introducing me to your dad." He said before kissing me on my cheek and heading towards the front door.  Dangit, I wish he could've stayed longer.

"Nicest man you've ever dated." My dad remarked chuckling. I smiled to myself. "And that's why I love him." I stated.

(Yay took me a week to finish since I was BuSy but yeah)