The Way Out.

Narrators POV.

It's been three months since Nathan had taken (Y/N) away from the enclosure and Mumble had fell into a great depression. He lost (Y/N) and he wanted her back, he never moved from the camouflage door and he would always call out for the humans to return her to him. He hoped and wished she is still alive, however, as days turned into weeks and it turned two months. Mumble started losing hope and he was always found by himself next to the door.

Meanwhile at the other side of the hidden glass stands Nathan and Addison watching Mumble in worry. Mumble hasn't interacted much, he doesn't take any fish thrown close to him and he barely moves from the door.

"What do we do Dr. Nathan?, the poor guys going to starve to death. He needs to see her".

Addison told Nathan as he frowned at Addison. He noticed Mumbles behavior and he was considering taking him to see (Y/N) but went against it.

"Not yet, she hasn't laid an egg yet and when she does lay an egg. We have to feed her the fish because it takes up her energy and all of the food she has eaten".

Nathan told Addison as she sighed.

"Well, he needs to see her, the poor male hasn't seen her in months and I'm beginning to get worried for him. I'm sure she misses him greatly".

Addison told Nathan as they watched Mumble, he wondered his way to the water to look at his saddened reflection. Addison and Nathan no doubt will have to get (Y/N) in the enclosure to show Mumble otherwise he might consider starving himself to death.

"Alright Addison, keep an eye on her, I'll go get him".

Just as Nathan went to go grab his gum boots, he suddenly heard a honk coming from the tiny enclosure close to them. He turned his head quickly to see (Y/N) laying an egg in her isolated enclosure as he looked at Addison. She was distracted.

"Addison, I need you to grab a bucket full of fish, she's laying an-".

"Nathan, look".

Addison pointed to the penguin enclosure as he looked out in the penguin enclosure. There he sees Mumble tap dancing on the snow, even though he looks sad, he looks like he's been cheered up by a bit. Nathan looked out to the audience and he saw thousands of people crowding around the glass just to watch Mumble.

"Wow, that definitely brought up crowds attention, okay Addison, I need you to look after her. I'm going to get him".

Nathan told Addison as she nodded, turning her attention away from the window as Nathan put on his gum boots and rushed towards the hidden door.

Addison got the bucket full of fish and walked towards the small enclosure for female penguins that are in the stages of laying eggs. There wasn't many females in the zoo. Especially emperor penguins so this is going to be an interesting learning experience for Addison.

Addison entered the small enclosure to see an exhausted blue emperor penguin standing on top of her egg. She is holding her egg between her legs as she was looking for Mumble. Luckily, Nathan had entered the room with a jumpy and an agitated Mumble in his arms.

"Calm down, here I brought you to her".

That seemed to snap Mumble out of his state as he looked at (Y/N). His face showed relief and happiness as he hopped out of Nathan's arms (landing on his stomach at first but got up quickly) and quickly waddled towards her. Instantly his instincts kicked in as he took the egg out of (Y/N)s pouch and put it in between his legs.

"What do you know, it seems their bond together is both beautiful and inspiring. Someone needs to write a story about it".

Nathan commented but his attention was off the emperor penguins when he heard his boss from the doorway.

"Nathan, can I have a word with you?".

(Y/N)s POV.

I watched the alien walk out of the room but the other alien stayed here to feed me fish. I couldn't understand what the alien was talking about but they were feeding me. Mumble waddled towards me and nuzzled the side of my head.

"Are you alright (Y/N)?, did they hurt you in anyway?".

"No, they have taken care of me instead".

I told Mumble as I continued eating the fish given to me by the alien feeding me in person.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?".

"Well, I didn't know I was pregnant, the aliens seemed to know because they kept on feeding me".

I told Mumble honestly as I was given one last fish as the alien stood up and walked away. Mumble nuzzled me even more as I returned the affection.

"I missed you so much".

"I missed you too Mumble".

I told him as I looked at the egg underneath his pouch, it feels weird not fishing and getting fish directly from the aliens.

The alien returned with more fish in their hands. They stood a few meters away from Mumble and started hand feeding him. He accepted it and ate the fish notheless, I heard his stomach rumble, making me worried. How long has he gone without food?, I can't help but worry for him.

Afterwards, the alien had stopped feeding Mumble and left us alone, I felt tired that I huddled and slept next to Mumble. He followed along as we fell asleep together.

Narrators POV.

The next day has came and Nathan and Addison checked up on Mumble, (Y/N) and the egg. They awed at the cute sight present to them.

"So what did boss say to you yesterday?".

"He said that he's gotten calls and requests of the two emperors. He told me that they want to make an expedition to Antarctica to see if we can find more emperors like them. I told him that they are wild animals and I will accompany them on the expedition".

Nathan told Addison as she nodded and frowned, she's grown fond of the two emperors. Especially (Y/N), she found her facinating.

"Oh that's a shame but they are wild animals, they aren't bred in captivity".

"Yeah, if you want, you can accompany me to the Antarctic as well to say goodbye to the two".

Addisons eyes sparkled at Nathan's words, she had a smile on her face and eagerly nodded.

"You really mean it Nathan?".

"Yup, I'm sure they wouldn't mind it".

Without warning, Addison gave Nathan a hug, surprising him as he hugged her back.

"Thank you Nathan, your the best".

"No problem, we have been working for quite a while so I thought you desserve it".