Chapter 2

You shut the front door behind you, then removed your boots and placed them on the shoe rack. "Levi, I'm home!" you called while unbuttoning your coat.

A second later, he appeared before you with a puff of black smoke. You figured he must've been in the middle of cleaning something, because he had a white scarf tied around his head – his horns poking out from underneath. "Hey," he murmured, not even waiting for you to remove your coat before he pulled you into a hug, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek.

You smiled and hugged him back, appreciating the contact. Levi had been with you for two months, and every single day, he greeted you like this. He knew how much you liked it, knew how you savored the affection you'd been forced to go without for too long.

He was also careful to only touch your skin while in his demon form, because – as he'd explained to you once – your gift worked solely on humans. The two of you shared an unspoken understanding from that point forward that you'd never have human-to-human contact, which both spared you from being overwhelmed and protected his privacy, and that suited you just fine. You never saw or felt his past, staying squarely in the here and now, enjoying all the warm fuzzies that came with it.

After several seconds, Levi detached himself from you, finally allowing you to remove your coat and hang it on the hook. "Do you want to go out tonight?" you asked him. "I was thinking we could get dinner and see that new superhero movie. Since tomorrow's the weekend, it doesn't matter if I stay up late."

Levi clicked his tongue. "Why do you always ask?" he questioned. "You know I'm bound by our deal to accompany you wherever you wish. You could just tell me to go."

"But I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do," you murmured sincerely. "So, do you want to or not? It's okay if you'd rather do something else."

"Tch. Idiot," Levi muttered, though his words didn't hold any bite. "Yes, I want to go with you. What time are we leaving?"

You grinned, knowing he couldn't lie outright, and therefore, he genuinely wanted this. "Just give me ten minutes to change my clothes and freshen up. Then we can go."

"Fine."

You hurried through your preparations, excited for a night out with Levi. You always enjoyed spending time with him, reassured by his calm demeanor, intrigued by his insightful comments, and entertained by his sassy remarks. And rather than just doing the bare minimum, Levi put all his effort into his promises to take care of you and treat you well. You were made even happier by the fact that he genuinely seemed to enjoy spending time with you. For the first time in your life, you had a real friend.

Yet, as much as Levi held up his end of the bargain, he never called upon you to fulfill yours. He never made any moves on you, nor did he even mention intercourse. You'd once wondered if he was having sex with you while you slept, but you dismissed the idea almost immediately, figuring you'd wake up sore if that were the case – and you never did. If Levi weren't an incubus, you would've thought he had no intention of sleeping with you at all. But he needed sexual energy to fuel his power, and he had made the deal with you...so what was he waiting for?

You'd decided not to ask him about it. It wasn't that you were trying to weasel out of the deal – you would honor your word, if he ever asked you to. Rather, you were nervous about engaging in those sorts of activities when you had no experience. You'd been spending a lot of time hiding in your bathroom, trying to make up for your ignorance by searching for educational articles on the internet, then promptly deleting your history. But even with that, you figured you could never hope to compare to Levi's skill. He was an incubus, after all. Who knew how many people he'd slept with?