Chapter 3

"Mmm, Levi...thank you," you murmured when he settled down beside you on the bed. You cupped his soft cheeks in your hands, pressed a kiss to his nose.

"Tch," he chided, though there was no bite in it. The exact opposite, actually – you'd never heard anything more affectionate. "I'm the one who should be thanking you. You did just give me an elephant ton of energy."

"But you made me feel so good," you countered.

Indeed, Levi's bedroom skills had improved exponentially since your first night together. At that time, you'd been the one to take the lead, since all those internet articles you'd read had actually made you the more knowledgeable one – though that wasn't saying much. Furthermore, despite your reassurances, Levi still harbored fears of hurting you, and having you in charge made him more comfortable. So, exactly as would be expected of two virgins, you and Levi fumbled your way through, but it still somehow ended up being incredible.

From then on, Levi learned your body like it was his sole mission in life. He explored every inch of you, catalogued the spots and techniques and positions you liked best. You suspected he was even looking up tips online whenever you weren't around, because he occasionally threw in methods you certainly hadn't taught him. And just as he'd promised so long ago, he always made it pleasurable for you, submitting to your every whim and worshiping you as if you were a goddess.

"Ugh, I do need to get ready for work, though," you grumbled, your blissful mood turning sour at the thought of leaving your cozy bed.

"I'll help." A second later, Levi was scooping you up and carrying you to the bathroom, displaying the supernatural strength and stamina that left him with plenty of energy even after you were exhausted. "Here, take your shower," he murmured, placing you on your feet just outside the glass door before setting the water to the perfect temperature. "I'll lay your clothes out."

However, you had other plans. "Shower with me," you pouted, grabbing his wrist and tugging him underneath the water with you.

"Tch. Demanding little human," he chided. Yet, he followed without a fight.

Once you were finally ready to leave, Levi accompanied you to the front door of your workplace, seeing that you got safely inside before heading to the café across the street, where he'd pretend to work remotely until you were ready to go home. Ever since Floch had appeared outside the movie theater, Levi followed you everywhere, ready to protect you in case the war demon returned and tried anything.

Yet, three months had passed with no sign of Floch or any other upper-class demon. You hadn't forgotten Floch's promise to return, but even so, you were hoping he'd forgotten about you and Levi. Time did pass differently in Hell, after all, assuming that was where the war demon was skulking around. And while Levi had grown incredibly more powerful thanks to all the energy you were feeding him, fighting Floch would still be a huge risk, and you didn't want Levi to be put in that position. You didn't want him to feel obligated to grovel before Floch in order to avoid a fight, either.

You would've much rather kept things exactly as they were, forever. Yet, even if Floch never bothered you again, another worry was still gnawing at your mind. While you were currently a young adult with a long life expectancy, eventually, you'd grow old and die. And what would happen then? Would you be sentenced to Hell and become a demon like Levi? Or would you be welcomed into Heaven, and therefore be separated from him for eternity?

Of course, you would've turned down Heaven in a heartbeat if that's what it took to stay with Levi. However, you weren't sure if the angels would give you a choice in the matter. You needed a way to ensure you'd become a demon like Levi, but you didn't exactly want to go around committing a bunch of terrible acts that were certain to land you a spot in Hell. And even if you did make it there, if the demons in charge were cruel enough to turn Levi into an incubus, they'd probably punish you in such a way that you'd never be able to see Levi again. So you needed to subvert both angels and demons, and you had absolutely no idea how.