Chapter 14

That was the best night of sleep I had gotten in a long time. When I woke up, I felt calm and relaxed, I couldn't remember anything that was wrong. The birds chirped cheerfully outside, and the early morning sun shone in through my windows. The air was chilly, but I was warm. The covers must've been helping me.

However, I soon realized it wasn't the covers. When I went to move, I realized what I was laying on was rising and falling, and then my ears picked up something more than just birds. Breathing. Not mine. I moved my legs, only to realize they were tangled with another pair.

With a yelp, I shoved at the body in my bed, leaping back. I had shoved hard enough that the person went flying off the bed, landing on the floor with a thump that I winced at. I waited, my breath suddenly racing.

"Ow," the person said.

My heart had started to calm. At first I hadn't recognized who I was laying in bed with, and that scared me. I'd been in Hollywood long enough to know that if someone caught a movie star in bed with a random person, that would be on the news for a month or two, with at least one life ruined by it.

"Gods, woman," Percy continued, sitting up on the other side of the bed. He was just tall enough so I could see his head, his black hair sticking out in every single way in an endearing bed head. "First you wake me up with a shoe, now it's shoving me off your bed. I pity your future husband."

"Percy!" I said, yelling but keeping my voice muffled as best as I could. "What are you doing here?"

He replied through a yawn. "You're the one who told me to stay."

I face-palmed. "Until I fell asleep. Not the whole night, you idiot!"

He stood up, stretching. "We didn't do anything, just slept in the same bed, relax." Then he paused, frowning. "We didn't do anything, right?"

Another face-palm. "No. We did not do anything, thank the gods. Ugh, I'm so stupid!" I said, thinking out loud. Then I turned to him. "You have a girlfriend, you can't go sleeping with other girls!"

His eyebrows furrowed and he pursed his lips. "Oh, yeah. I forgot."

I raised an eyebrow. "You forgot about your girlfriend?"

He held up his hands defensively, his green eyes bright. "Hey, it's early. Don't expect me to remember everything, Wise Girl."

I groaned, getting up and pacing around. "We can't let anybody know you spent the night in my room. Don't tell anybody," I demanded, giving him a stern look.

"Alright, alright," he said. He pushed his hands up, stretching. As he did so, he shirt lifted to reveal a tanned line of stomach, the "v" of his hipbones visible. I turned my eyes away, blushing.

"Besides," he continued. "Nothing happened."

I rubbed my temples. The headache from last night was mostly gone, now receding to just a dull throb. "I know. Just—go to your room, and make sure no one sees you."

He scoffed. "Yeah, the one person that lives here."

I rolled my eyes. "Just go."

He started to go to the door, but stopped to look at me. "Did you at least have a good night sleep?"

"Yes, Seaweed Brain," I told him impatiently. "It's just that—we can't do that. You have a girlfriend, and I... well, I—"

"Rachel doesn't have to know about last night. And even if she found out, she can't..." Percy's tone had turned bitter and he trailed off, becoming silent. I raised an eyebrow at him.