Chapter 30

A/N .....MUAHAHHAHAHAA (channeling my inner rick riordan...hope you enjoy:D)

— - — @ — - —

"Psst! Seaweed Brain. Wake up."

The hushed whisper made the dark-haired boy yawn, and he rolled over, snuggling into his pillow and pulling his covers over his head.

"Go away," he groaned.

"Wake up, sleepyhead."

The covers came slightly down, so he could peek one eye out. In the darkness of the room, his eyes were dark, and his unruly hair like shadows against the pillow. Even though he couldn't have been asleep for more than a couple hours, it was a mess, and sleep fogged up his gaze, his nose scrunching up as he opened only one eye. He was adorable.

"I can't believe you have little sharks on your comforter."

"Great White Sharks, Wise Girl!" he replied indignantly. "It's cool."

"It's childish."

He grumbled something, then in a blink of an eye, had whipped his covers off, then grabbed me and pulled me on top of him, before pulling the covers back over us and surrounding us in darkness.

I stifled my giggles as he wrapped me in his arms, holding me close. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and I was glad it was so dark, as my cheeks tinted as I snuggled against his muscular chest.

"Did you come to just make fun of me, or did you come for cuddles? Because I can tolerate only the second."

My giggles now escaped my mouth, and I clapped a hand over my lips, but soon my hand was pulled away and warm fingers tilted my chin up, and then I felt warm lips on mine, kissing me softly.

I leaned back, whispering, "I wanted to see if you'd go stargazing with me."

Percy kissed my nose. "Mm, and where did you want to do that?"

"On the roof?"

He kissed my cheek. "It's chilly out."

"We can have blankets and make hot cocoa and cuddle."

He kissed my forehead. "Cuddles. Okay, I'm in."

I grinned, then threw the covers off, tiptoeing quietly to the door before saying quietly back to him. "Get a shirt on and meet me in the kitchen!"

I heard him sigh and grumble some more, but it was cut off by a loud thud and an "Ow" from Percy. Rolling my eyes, I quietly opened his door and snuck into the hallway, down the stairs. I winced every time it creaked, but figured it was quiet enough to not wake up Poseidon.

I'd already started some water on the stove before waking up Percy, and so when he stumbled down the stairs, sounding like an elephant tromping over firecrackers, I was holding two to-go mugs of steaming hot cocoa.

"Woah, that was fast."

"Shh!" I reprimanded him, giving him a stern look. He'd tossed a blue hoodie over his dark joggers, and the bright blue made his eyes a spectacular sea-green in the faint overhead kitchen light. "Don't wake your dad up, Seaweed Brain."

His eyes widened, and he quickly held a finger to his lips, before pulling an imaginary zipper over his mouth and then smiling toothlessly at me. My eyes rolled to the ceiling, then I stepped around him, leading us back up the stairs to my room. I'd already grabbed blankets, and piled them next to my window, and so I carefully slid the window up before pulling myself over the sill and onto the roof.

It was dark, and the late summer night chill quickly seeped into my clothes. I turned around, grabbing the two mugs from Percy before he hauled himself up. He helped me spread out the blankets on the slanted roof before he sat down, pulling me down next to him.