8 - Turbulent Seas

(Same day as Chapter 7)

29 August 2022 (Y1578), 8:30 AM
Few kilometres north of HMNB Ovisia

A lone human cyclist was pedaling its bike down the road by the coast of Ovisia. He was planning to cycle to the city of Ovisia from his home in Mulfes, located three kilometres away.

The sudden summoning nearly a month ago affected him, economically and emotionally. As a student studying at a nearby Novinae university, he didn't have a stable income. As such, he had to limit his spending and use his bike to commute.

Then came another problem. His parents and relatives are overseas, so they weren't summoned with him. For the next two weeks after the summoning, he felt depressed after realizing the fact. It took him some time to get back on his feet, his friends in Novinae also tried to help him, saying that even if his loved ones are gone, they're still there to help and care for him. Maybe one day they'll be able to go back to Merrea again, something that the cyclist really wished to be true.

Today, he decided to do something he always used to do before - cycling. He used to cycle from many places, the farthest he had ever cycled was 10 kilometres. He did this to stay exercised along with clearing his mind, especially during these times.

Feeling tired, he decided to take a short rest on the side of the road. The road was near a small cliff and is guarded by metal fences. He parked his bike and dropped the bike's kickstand before taking out his water bottle from a bottle holder.

He took a couple of gulps of it before looking towards the sea. The fresh sea breeze blew over his figure, making him feel more relaxed.

Then, something caught his eye. His current location is near the HMNB Ovisia, an Anglian naval base in their nation. As he eyed over the docks of the base, he saw two large ships departing from the harbour.

Curious, he took out his phone and snapped a picture of this view before sending it to his friends. After three more minutes of rest, he got on his bike and continued his journey to Ovisia, in which he would arrive 16 minutes later.

Little did he know, he just saw a moment in history where the Anglians sent two ships, a Type 45 destroyer, HMS Diligence and a Type 23 frigate, HMS York, to assist the small Novinae fleet in their upcoming war against Gloriane.

- - - - - -

10:05 AM
Novinae-Anglian Expeditionary Fleet Ulletria
HNMS Ovisia

Six Novinae ships were in formation off the coast of Ulletria, consisting of two Aesynea-class FACs and four Merino-class FACs. The strange appearance of these ships alone had caused a large amount of Ulletrian citizens to form around the harbour.

Although they had been receiving these ships as of lately, one can't help but ponder over its strange look and weapons.

Aboard HNMS Ovisia, an Aesynea-class FAC and the flagship of this fleet, Commodore Clyprek Harrison is looking over the seas, waiting for something.

Then, a radio call came from another ship, not Novinae in origin.

<<"Attention, HMNS Ovisia. This is HMS Diligence. We along with HMS York has been sent to assist you all in your mission. Pleasure to fight alongside you.">>

Clyprek gestured a nearby radio operator so he could respond to this message using the radio.

<<"HMS Diligence, this is HNMS Ovisia. We truly appreciate your help in this mission.">>

Then, over the horizon, he could see the two ships approaching their small fleet. The Anglian ships are two times bigger compared to their own plus they possess more firepower. Signing that treaty centuries back was definitely a good thing.