Chapter 1: Summer

"Get out of your introvert era already" Viv says as i hand her another box of cardboard

"Get out of your introvert era already" Viv says as i hand her another box of cardboard. "You can become a whole new person out here" she says while giggling as if the thought excites her.

She is so pretty. Her brunette hair smooth and pale rosy skin would attract any guy like some sort of a magnet. She is the extroverted friend any shy girl like me would ever want. She decided to pursue bachelor of mass communication and journalism out here in NYC while i study Dental at one of the top Universities here. Today we move in together in a small apartment with two bedrooms, a kitchen, two bathrooms, a balcony and windows everywhere. We can have fun before our classes start soon.

"You say as if it's that quick and easy. Let me seep into the environment in here first" we sit on the couch, our hands dirty from the cardboard dust. "Can't believe we did it, with parents like mine and a brother like yours." Convincing her brother to let her move in with me in a new city was more hard than my own parents since she's been his 'innocent' baby sister. I'm my parents' only child who's lived in Lewisville with a dad who owns more than half the number of McDonald's in Texas and a mom who is an ex- Mayor who served for about 8 years.

"First things first, lets go on a double date after we meet some cute guys" she says smiling and continues "imagine dating two brothers so cool right!" I smile reluctantly wondering if dating would be a much of a good idea since all i ever wanted to do here was focus on studying only.

"Viv, c'mon, lets tidy it all up" I say as i try to get up from the too soft and bouncy couch. Viv drags me onto it again, leaning in to headrest on my shoulder "you can be such a bore sometimes you know" i laugh lightly as she mockingly states the facts.

We clean up (not fully) and get into the separate bathrooms. We come to the dresser with a huge mirror and dry our hair, do the supposed 'skincare' routine while Taylor's 'lover' album plays in the background. We have so much fun together before we finally sit on the bed with my laptop and two hot cup noodles in hand. We watch 'two broke girls' on netflix and chill as the night falls down.

I'm awake to the bright sunlight falling on my face and turns out we fell asleep soon after eating. I look beside me as i see Viv lying on her stomach with the covers over her back. I freshen up and enter the other bedroom- its smaller but has so many windows which i love, a single bed right beside one of the big windows, a built in wardrobe just in front of it. A medium size study table near the door with a big window beside where we can even sit.

 A medium size study table near the door with a big window beside where we can even sit

I arrange all my stuff like my
iMac, books, etc. Pull on the sage green covers along with two sage green and a white pillow. The room is all white with beige colour wardrobe. I then go ahead and prepare some breakfast. I go to Viv's room, wake her up, and give her the breakfast. I tell her to wash up and get ready.

"We're going to this bookcafé just across the street. It's got amazing reviews online" I'm not a nerd (since y'all may assume so) i just read YA novels, mostly the heartbreaking ones. Crying gives me peace like I'm throwing all my worries along with it and i look pretty when i cry as Del Rey once said. "Yayy ! Not such a bore after all" she winks at me excitedly and we soon hurry downstairs.

I'm looking at this one book which is about a teen who's both parents are cheating on each other and she is aware of it but the parents aren't and all about how she deals with it

I'm looking at this one book which is about a teen who's both parents are cheating on each other and she is aware of it but the parents aren't and all about how she deals with it. Viv comes to me trying to take a peek at the synopsis on the back of the book. "Shoot. Nope. you ain't reading THAT." She says warning me. "Oh c'mon i need it and you know that" I say like I'm annoyed.

"Well technically you don't "

"What do you mean? "

"It was long ago Summer,get over it "

"Maybe he still is cheating on mom" i look down on my shoes not able to handle the eye contact and trying my best to not frown.

"The whole of Lewisville knows them as the most capable couple and you still think he might be cheating? " She asks me expecting a "no".

" Don't worry about it Summer, if she ever gets to know about it, they will handle it together."

I loved my dad too much to ever tell my mom about that night. And dad has no idea that i know of it all. I forgave him long back thinking it must've been a mistake he made. But it haunts me sometimes to think about my dad loving any other women other than my mom. They are my idol couple.

We hurry outside after buying a few tons of books, an iced mocha for her and a matcha latte for me.
We roam around the city for the day, clicking pictures here and there, buying stuff we need like bathbombs, kitchen equipments, etc.

Viv runs into an old friend of hers who's also a student and they discuss about a concert of her favourite guitarist. We've never been to his concerts and Viv tries to convince me to go with her on our way back home. She already knows how much I hate crowds and specially concerts.

"Summer please can't you do this much for me?!" She says while making that kind of face you would see when a 7th grade kid asks for an extra slice of pizza during school lunch.

"The concert takes place right after the semester starts and you expect a 'yes' from me? "

She tries to imitate her 'puppy face'- "he's so freaking hot u wouldn't believ-"

"No" i say before she can continue

"Yes. You're coming "

"Nope"

"Yes"

No. But i didn't say anything.

 But i didn't say anything

Author's note
🫶

Hey guys !! So this is my first ever book. I'm so glad you read it till here. Thankyou so much for reading it.

Tell me if you liked the references i had put in between;

I'll be posting every now and then so make sure to follow me to get notifications so you don't miss out!

Next chapter is very interesting!!!
There will be character references in the next chapter!!