-ೃ⁀➷ 𝟏. sleeping beauty

❝ 𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐢, 𝐧𝐨𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬; 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝.❞

[ ch. 1 : sleeping beauty ]

-𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯 -

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 thing I heard when I woke up was faint snores next to me. When I finally decided to open my eyes, white florescent lights nearly blinded them, forcing me to close them again.

Gradually, my eyes adjusted to the bright lights of wherever the fuck I was. As reality crept back into my memory, I whipped my head around the room I was in, trying to figure out why I was in a hospital room that looked like it came straight out of a black and white movie from the 60's. The last memory I had was in the musical theatere, trying to save the world from an apocalypse.

Had we done it? Was the world saved? I couldn't help but wonder. My gaze met the familiar figure of a disgruntled boy, making me jolt back in my hospital bed. It was Five. He was passed out in a chair that was sat next to my bed, snoring away. It was quite a rare sight, considering he never got good rest.

I opted not to wake him, but that plan didn't work out very well, as it turns out he's a light sleeper. All my tossing around must have woken him up. When he stopped rubbing his eyes and sat up, he appeared to perk up at seeing me awake. He sat just a bit straighter, and tried fixing his messy hair into something more presentable.

"You're awake?" Five's jaw was hanging open slightly, confusing me. Why would he be surprised that I was awake?

"Oh, fuck.. I'm so sorry. For passing out on you guys in the middle of that.. I guess my plan never did work out, did it? But I suppose it doesn't matter now. We did it, didn't we? We saved the world, Five." His expression eventually became more solemn as I rambled on. It confused me even more. "Five? What's wrong?"

"y/n... you've been asleep for three years." He told me, a guilty look on his face.

"What?" A silence lingered for a long time, as I attempted to process what I just heard. "I... how?"

"After you passed out, I time traveled everyone. I was only trying to go back to a few days before, so we could stop Vanya. But... I stranded everyone in the 1960's for three years on accident. Y/n, we're in the year 1963." He explained everything so quick I could barely comprehend it.

"I don't understand. We didn't stop the apocalypse?" I questioned, desperately trying to hold onto the little sanity I had left.

"No. In fact, we brought it with us. When I got here, I saw my family, fighting off another apocalypse. One that didn't happen in 1963 before we came here. So, we have another ten days... to stop it again. And the rest of my family are scattered across Dallas and I have no idea how to find them. I've only gotten to you, and Diego so far."

"Shit." I mumbled, staring at the floor. I had just woke up from stopping one apocalypse, and now I was going to help stop another.

"I know. It sounds bad, but I need your help. I may not have been able to be alive right now if it weren't for you, y/n. We need to find the others, and stop this thing. Then, we just need to return to our original timeline." Five explained, attempting to be comforting by rubbing my back.

We both sat in the quiet ambiance for a while, enjoying the peace and the pouring rain pattering on the windows. Then, I realized something strange. "Wait. If I've been in a coma for three years, why am I all of the sudden waking up when you get here...?"

"I don't know. It might have something to do... with what you said before you slipped into unconsciousness." He mumbled the last bit, but I had good enough hearing to make out the words.