-ೃ⁀➷4. i learn to waltz

why don't we rewrite the stars? maybe the world could be ours, tonight.

[ ch. 4 : i learn to waltz  ]

˗ˏˋ 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"So, what, you just let her go?" Diego questioned Five, while being cleaned up by Lila. I'd recently learned that he had gotten shanked by Reginald while I was peacefully sleeping. Apparently, a lot had happened while I was in a mini coma.

Five and Diego had gone to search for Reginald; Diego got shanked, and Five got attacked by a baby Pogo. Ever since I woke up, I'd been attempting to use up the little alone time I had with reading, or just anything that made me forget about our current predicament.

Now, Five was back and had explained that he went to talk to Vanya. Which hadn't went well, I presumed. "Well, Vanya had a lot of process." Five sighed while pacing behind the sofa that Diego was lying on."She'll come around. I know she will."

"Or she'll end the world. Again." I pessimistically retorted. No one bothered to acknowledge me, so I sipped on my luke warm coffee.

"What about the guys that went after her?" Diego turned to Five who had already paced to the other side of the room behind him.

"The Swedes?"

"Who went after Vanya?" I asked, suddenly now curious about the drama I'd been purposely ignoring all day. I assumed this had all happened while I was quietly tucked away on the couch reading romance novels from the sixties. Surprisingly, they have much better taste than the ones I've previously read.

"I'll fill you in later." Five muttered to me.

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?" Diego queried.

"We don't."

"Mm, any idea who sent them?" Lila asked, sipping on something in a yellow mug. Probably coffee, I wasn't sure.

"Oh, I have my suspicions. But right now, our priority is finding Dad and getting answers, cause' everything else depends on it."  Five said, picking up his own yellow mug off the table.

"Which for the record, I found him already" Diego said.

"And then let him go, before we could have a meaningful conversation." Five leaned forward in his chair.

"He stabbed me."

"I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge." At that, I lost it. I practically doubled over on the floor where I had sat myself in a semi-comfortable spot.

"I almost acted on it a few times. Guess Reggie beat me to it." I joked after my laughing fit died down.

Lila and Elliot chuckled as he set down another mug of coffee for Diego. "Good one," Lila put her hand up for a high five, but got ignored.

"Good thing I know where Dad's gonna be tonight." Five handed a slip of paper that had been folded in half off to Diego, who in turn snatched it from him.

I leaned next to Diego, attempting to read it. "Where'd you get this?" he asked.

"Found it at his office, while he was busy stabbing you." I had to hold in the urge to burst out laughing again. I felt a little guilty, I guess. But he deserved it.