5

Vampires are always the bad guys. Fantasy rules state that vampires will always be the enemies, unless you get lucky enough to consider one a friend.

Eiko believed that it was true. Vampires seeked human blood because they needed it to survive. No human would willingly give away their own blood for a monster. Vampires only got it through force because they wanted to live. They still want to live, so they'll still do anything for the blood that keeps them alive.

Because of that, not only in fantasy did vampires make an enemy out of humans but in real life too.

Though the slim chance to make a friend out of a vampire was also imminent. Vampires don't always have to be enemies. Rules say that they can be either friends or vampires. And albeit the fact that there was a higher chance of being adversaries, Eiko believed that rules are not always wrong.

"So is Block A as good as you made it out to be when you moved in?" Yunseo asked with a teasing lilt. Eiko sees her grin from the other side of the phone and Yunseo comes closer to the camera, her eye in frame. "Let me see your place."

Eiko chuckled and shook her head. "No. I don't have any home decorations yet, it just looks plain. Give me a month and I'll show you, mkay?" She shuffled around to get comfortable in the blankets of her bed. "Yeah, this neighborhood is a nice place. Block A...it's cool."

"Why'd you hesitate to say it? Come on Eiko I'm pretty sure it's a good place with how you talked about it last time." Yunseo backed away from the camera. "Well if it is, I might have to come over to visit you." She said but the excitement in her voice was drained out by Eiko's urgency.

"No! Don't come over!" Yunseo gave her a peculiar look and Eiko lowered her voice. "I mean...don't come over yet. You can come when I'm done decorating the place so we can have a sleepover. We can hang out in my house, so don't come over yet. Leave that for when the time comes." Eiko falsely clarified.

Yunseo hummed inquisitively. "Okay. Well I'm on my way to class, I'll talk to you later."

Eiko presented a closed lipped smile. "Alright. Make sure to study hard. The medical field isn't easy."

Yunseo agreed with the small nod of her head. "Okay I will, bye Ei."

"Bye-bye Yun," Eiko whispered and she shut her phone off when Yunseo hung up.

A soft rumble of thunder caught her attention to the window. "I guess I'm staying inside today."

The rain started reluctantly. It landed a few drops on her window before they grew to rivulets. "It's going to be a stormy day I suppose."

She sat up in bed and looked around her room. There wasn't much for entertainment safe for her television and switch, she relied on her phone to make up for what her room lacked. Which were of course sources of entertainment.

Though, given that her fun came from calling friends, that was also halted due to Yunseo going to class. If not Yunseo then who else? Eiko glanced around again until her eyes landed on her phone. Then it hit her. She could get Jake's number from Sunghoon.

Even if Sunghoon said to stay away from him before, that was the least of her concerns when she scrambled to unlock her phone.

sunghoon-
give me jake's number-

She sat staring at her phone and waited for his response. Sunghoon's typically a fast responder as she had observed from their past conversations. Eiko pressed her lips into a line. He didn't respond yet, but Eiko understood that people could be busy.

She threw the blanket off of her and stepped down. Eiko peaked through the open blinds before she closed them. She let out a deep exhale through her nose and gazed down at the floor. All she could think about was the other day and every interaction before that.