9

Eiko had many things to talk about. She was always a person of questions and theories and was always unsatisfied or unsettled when she didn't have answers. Now Eiko was aware that she wouldn't get a certified answer no matter who she asked. Kyubin, Sunghoon, and Ni-ki, they would all tell her something different. Meanings depend on the eyes of those who live. And they all live different lives. She wouldn't get the same answer if she asked what was what.

But that didn't mean that she wouldn't want the answer. Any closer she could get to the life she's supposed to live now, the closer she could get to leaving.

So when Eiko entered the cafe a little before the meetup time, she had her inquiries ready. Oddly enough, what she felt was excitement or similar to. Before she entered the line to get a quick drink, she noticed Sunghoon in the corner with his own already in hand, busied with his phone. He's early too. Seems like they both are pretty punctual.

She quickly entered the line to order and pay for her drink first before taking the seat in front of him with a smile. He perks up to look at her and where he was slumping in his posture he fixed it entirely.

It was awkward for him. Eiko didn't blame him. If it was her who was on the receiving end of yesterday's outburst she would have reacted the same way; puzzled as to why she was being asked to hang out the day later.

Now to tell the truth. Eiko only had her questions ready. The way she would open up the conversation was left to be improvised. But Eiko wasn't the best when it came to improvising the important things. She pursed her lips and let the silence sit.

"Um...I know this was abrupt so thanks for coming." Eiko shuffled in her seat, shaking her arm a bit for the sleeve to slide past her wrist. "I wanted to...I need to apologize for yesterday."

Eiko fiddled with the ends of her jacket sleeve. "Listen if we weren't here I'd explain it better, really. But I was just still overwhelmed by everything so I lashed out on you like that. I realized—"

Sunghoon exhaled a deep breath through his nose. "It's fine," his answer was truthful and once again he flashed Eiko a warm, fang-portraying smile. "I don't hold grudges."

Eiko was unsure but nodded anyway. She didn't want to keep the subject of last night open and overhanging, so she spoke up again. "I actually came with a few questions but I'll save that for later. Do you have any plans for later?"

"I have a free schedule on days I don't work on," he informed her. Eiko took the information in with a nod before she raised a question.

"What's your job? What do ex-athletes do? I can't really imagine you doing anything else." Eiko carefully put her folded arms on the surface of the table and leaned forward. Awaiting for the answer, she was a bit confused as to why Sunghoon seemed to hesitate.

He avoided her gaze by looking around the area. Almost from a bout of urgency he threw out, "guess." It was an easy way to stall for as long as it could get him. He took advantage of that.

Eiko frowned and narrowed her eyes. She sat back in her chair and brought her arms down. "Don't know. You don't look like you do a regular job at all."

A prideful tilt hit the end of his lips. "You're right about that. I don't have a normal job, so that crosses out some choices." Sunghoon perched his elbows on the surface, and ditched his drink. "Take a better look at me. What abnormal job fits me best?"

Eiko squinted. She assessed Sunghoon's look before she peered him right in the eyes. "If I said something inappropriate would I be on the right track?"

For a moment the words settled. Then Sunghoon, in all his blasphemy, shot back wide eyed. Eiko laughed, taking joy from Sunghoon's shock. Her hand flew over her own mouth. "You said to guess. So I'm doing as told."