18

"All you need to do is show them your invitation when they ask," Riki reiterated.

The two of them were standing outside of the house because Eiko was belatedly growing nervous at how she was going to come to a party she wasn't necessarily invited to.

Riki told her a few times that all she needed to do was simple and that she shouldn't worry because it's not like they're going to care but it'd be a lie to say Eiko calmed down from that.

"You mean show them the invitation that was given to you?"

Riki audibly sighed. "You'll be fine Eiko."

"Oh my god," Eiko gasped, her eyes going wide. "They're vampires. We haven't left Block A." She stared at the invitation before trying to force it into Riki's hands. "I should've thought about it before. Riki you can go without me, I'll go back home."

Riki clasped his hands around hers. She looked at him still uncertain. He was cold which was expected but the contact almost felt like it was burning through her skin.

"It's okay. Let's just go in," He murmured, slipping the invitation from his grasp and tugging her closer to his side. Eiko stayed silent, still acknowledging the thrill in her chest as her nervousness from attending.

He knocked and in a second the door opened, someone standing with a stern expression at the entry. His face scrunched and his eyes immediately led to Eiko. Of course he noticed she was a human.

"Invitation?" He grumbled.

Riki showed him the invitation, telling him something about how he invited her to come with. The guy smirked and patted Riki's shoulder. "Come inside you two. And for Riki, finally."

Riki scoffed, walking in with Eiko as well, somewhat ignoring what was said.

Contrary to the many parties Eiko is familiar with, this one was noticeably different in both vibe and atmosphere.

There was no excessively loud music, just some energetic songs playing over the speakers in a medium volume. Still, people were talking and interacting rather lively. It wasn't overly chaotic, but seeing as how almost everyone had a drink in hand Eiko figured it wouldn't be like that for long.

"You brought someone," came teasing coo.

Eiko noticed him instantly, peering at Riki to see if he knew who the boy was.

"Eiko, Taki. Taki, Eiko," Riki simply introduced.

Taki gazed at her with a child-like inviting smile. "Well actually my name is Riki but he stole it, and because I'm so nice as a hyung I let him use Riki."

"Are you foreign too?" Eiko inquired, curious.

"Yup," he verified. "Made in Japan."

Eiko grinned. "Me too."

Taki eyed Riki with a knowing look, nudging him softly. "Okay, I'll be in here, the main room if you need anything. I have to go back to my friend before he panics about me being gone."

"Kei?"

Taki clicks his tongue. "Yup."

Riki just waves him off when Taki leaves.

"See? You're fine."

Eiko rolls her eyes but laughs a little at her nervousness earlier. "Yeah yeah."

Riki slowly walks around, taking Eiko with him (she really just follows him because she isn't familiar with this place) to introduce her to her surroundings, of course starting off in the main room.