7

Eiko briefly recalled what happened last night. After she was convinced that following Ni-ki would help her they walked side by side cautiously yet quick to her place, aware of the dark eyes around the area looking them down.

Eiko thought that it would help if she kept her nervousness at a low and she did, but it's help was subtle if not there at all. What Ni-ki said and implied that one day was right, vampire or not you'll still be hunted.

That was terrifying. It wasn't too far from the human world to be exact, but Eiko somewhat expected for vampires to at least lend mercy to one another seeing as they are one of the same in a vast Earth full of humans. And Eiko, new to how they live and new to everything that proved itself to be supernatural, was wrong.

Vampires, despite being of the same kind, we're not nice and as sympathetic to each other as she had thought. Granted she had learned that fact the other day when Ni-ki proved to be supporting the opposing argument by sinking and forming horrible deep red holes inside of the other vampire's arm.

It was a sight that made her sick to her stomach. Even the thought of the image makes her stomach feel incredibly light and sickening. She had seen it with her own two eyes, and Eiko saw the very fingers that caused them dipped in red dripping down his arm and knuckles.

Eiko realized she shouldn't think that this wasn't real after it's been proved to her many times that it was, but seeing liquid scarlet in all its realness was enough for Eiko to see blaring lights in her mind. This was real and she had to prepare for it.

"It's cold," she said when she stepped foot outside and sharp winds abused her arms. It took around a minute to slip the jacket on as the clashing air drew its complicity, but she succeeded with a sigh.

It was only fall now but she wondered how this winter would be. Maybe it will snow, as someone who enjoys it, Eiko hoped it did.

She decided to start the day with a nice breath of fresh air. Eiko had a lot to do at home considering the amount of projects she had in store for her. She knew being an art student would come with a lot of them and therefore it wouldn't be easy, but sometimes college shocked her with how much she had to do to prove her prowess.

Good thing she does it all online. It saved the time she would have to use to get up at different times each day for a class in which its length also varied everyday as well. If anything, the most she had to do besides the assigned work and lessons on every Thursday, was turn in the physical projects herself. It could be a lot worse so Eiko appreciated how little it was for the time being.

Her phone shook wildly in her jacket pocket, snapping Eiko out of a mistakenly adventured reverie. She dragged her phone out to see the notification on her screen.

One from Sera that read, did something happen between you and Kyubin? He looked tense when I brought you up today.

Then another from her immediately after saying, did he confess to you?

And another, oh naurr did you reject him?

Where was Sera getting these thoughts from? Eiko scoffed lightly. Only Sera would think such things, she thought to herself. As much as she would like to grin at her friend's childish antics she couldn't let the amusement reach her lips in time.

Everything ended up drawing back to Block A one way or another, but in every unpleasant way possible. If only she could forget. If only she could go back in time with the knowledge she has right now so she wouldn't have moved. As much as Eiko would like to think of such a possibility, she was aware of the fact that technology hasn't escalated that far unlike life among the supernatural.