Chapter 3

Sirius sat in the dimly lit common room scrunching paper up. He was struggling to find the words to send to his brother, he felt they were worlds away. He sighed and flopped on the sofa he was leaning against, his friends had gone to the great hall for supper, he regretted staying behind but he knew if he didn't write to his brother soon, he feared Regulus would hear the news from his parents. Lucious definitely told his parents about the sorting ceremony and it was only a matter of time before his parents found out that their heir, their prince of darkness had disobeyed them. His anxiousness grew for Reggie's safety as his parents were sure to be hysterical and they could take it out on him while he himself could not suffer their wrath. Sirius pulled himself off the sofa and retreated to his room, there he flicked his wand and mumbled the incantation that unlocked the hidden part of his trunk. He pulled out a record player. The lambent light reflected through its gold exterior and he carefully placed it on his bedside table. He took out one of his records from the trunk and gently pushed the needle down in its specific place, he knew his records like he knew the back of his hand. Starman started to play softly in the background as he remembered the day, he was given his record player.

His aunt, uncle and parents had to go to a very important business meeting and had left Bellatrix in charge of the black manor, so naturally she was terrorizing Narcissa. Andromeda was sitting reading a book in a corner with regulus she had brought him a new collection by a muggle author and he had disguised the cover to look wizardly. She often took secret trips to the muggle world and would tell the two boy's stories. Sirius went over to them and sat next to Andy she was their favorite cousin and she always would be. As Regulus got to his 5th chapter of the evening Andy whispered "I have a present for you too Siri" he despised this nickname she had for him but let it slide on this occasion. She dragged her trunk over and flicked her wand against it mumbling some words and she opened the trunk and saw stack of books. Sirius sighed "Andyyy books are Reggie's thing" "silly I can't show you here Bella might see and tell your parents they would surely destroy it. "C'mon" "where are you two going" Bella screeched the cousins stopped in their tracks Sirius started stuttering which Bellatrix cruelly mocked. "We are going to put Sirius's new books on his shelf" Andromeda replied through gritted teeth. Bella smirked "show me" Andy gave a small smile and gladly laid out the trunk and flipped it open "see no mischief darling sister" "fine...but hurry back mom said I have to watch you all" "yes yes we will be quick". The two hurried down the hall and up the grand staircase giggling and laughing at Andy's Bellatrix impression. They arrived in Sirius's room and she mumbled the incantation and held her wand over the trunk this time and it flipped open to reveal the most beautiful thing Sirius had ever seen. Andy carefully placed it down and slipped a large circular disk from a folder and she handled it with so much care. Suddenly, she stood up and cast a silencing charm protecting the room from anyone hearing or interrupting, then pushed the needle down and Sirius was in heaven. Beautiful music started playing through the machine and as Andy watched he little cousin's reaction pride flared up inside her. After Andy had explained what the record player was and how it worked, she took out a few more albums from the trunk and taught him the charm she had casted on the case. He tackled Andy and gave her a massive hug after she had carefully put the Record player away, "Thanks Andy this is way better than books" "Now Siri make sure you parents never see this it is a muggle item and they will take it from you if not destroy it. Promise me you will keep it safe, ok?" "I promise" ...

Sirius smiled sadly he hadn't spoken to Andy in a while his parents had forbidden it, when she was caught sneaking out to the muggle town to socialize amongst them. Bellatrix had of course been the person to catch her Walburga was horrified that such a bad influence had been allowed to be around her heir, and the only time he saw any of his cousins was Bella when she came to his house before an important "business meeting". Sirius wasn't entirely sure what happened during these meetings but he knew it was bad he sometimes had nightmares of Bella torturing animals and his father rewarding and praising her for a job well done. He wondered if Andy missed him as much as he missed her. Sirius sat up and had finally figured out what to say to his brother. He wrote out the letter in his perfect cursive and went off to the owlery he saw earlier on his tour to send his letter to his brother. He whispered direct directions to the owl to go through Regulus's window he didn't want his parents stealing the letter before his brother could read it. The owl flew off and Sirius ran down to the main hall to catch the last 10 minutes of supper with his friends.

After eating as much as possible the 4 boys returned to their dorm laughing at Sirius's impression of Dumbledore's grand speech. When they entered the room, they were met with the beautiful melody playing from Sirius's record player he immediately went to his bed side and went to turn it off and put it away as he heard Remus singing to the song playing the three boys stared in amazement as he sung the full solo. Eventually Remus realized he was being watched and stopped, red flushed his cheeks and he mumbled "I really like that song sorry". The boys were gob smacked eventually James found his voice and said "Rem that was amazing where did you learn to sing like that?" he shrugged his shoulders "Music helps with the pain" he said before going over to his bed and collapsing. Sirius was still standing by his bed he turned around and lifted the needle of the record player then he jumped on his bed but he couldn't sleep. Sirius could hear James snoring but couldn't get Remus's voice out of his head it was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard and Remus's lips were so red and he just wanted to...wait what I'm not gay am I? he sighed "mother would never approve" what are you doing to me Remus...