Chapter 4

Their time at Hogwarts was flying by it had already been a month at Hogwarts. Remus was at the top of his class and tutored his friends occasionally in the library, James was hopelessly chasing after a young witch, Lily Evans, James tried everything flowers poems grand gestures but she rejected him time after time. Lily had become quite close to Remus they often studied in the library together while both their other friends messed about and tried to distract them. Sirius kept feeling pangs of jealousy whenever he found the red head alone with Rem. He couldn't explain it but to avoid his feelings he was making quite good friends with Lily's friends, as a sort of revenge, which didn't bother Remus in the slightest further infuriating him. Sirius leaned back Marlene lying in his lap and Mary leaning against him reading a book. He had become quite close with the girls and was happy he gained a friendship out of his silly revenge plot. James stormed into the library and marched over to his group of friends flopping on the sofa net to Mary's feet. He growled and then ranted for 7 straight minutes about snivellous and how he needs to "lighten up and stop being so grouchy" and "start picking on people his on age". James droned on about how he would like to "smack some sense into him". "Have you said your piece now?" Remus sarcastically barked not looking up from his book "yes, yes I have thank you very much" Sirius sat quietly thinking. "We should totally do something to sort that weasel out" James smirked he could see Sirius formulating a plan. Peter had just walked back to the group after searching long and hard for a spare potions book. Sirius jumped up knocking both Marlene and Mary flying they groaned to which Sirius responded "You love me ladies don't deny it" as he ran out of the library dragging peter, with James following closely behind with Remus's book he'd snatched. If he didn't run fast enough Remus would catch him and show no mercy. When they arrived at their dorm James hid behind Sirius whimpering as Remus scowled snatching his book back and ranting how he wish he had picked better friends. They paid him no mind though as Sirius explained his plan to get revenge on snape a perfect prank. Remus immediately told him to go to hell. Sirius almost collapsed he loved to make Rem mad he found his anger extremely attractive although he would never admit it. "Remus, we need four peopleeeee" he whined in the perfect upset toddler voice." "Yeah, James said we need you" peter agreed and the three boys started to chant Remus's name. they were causing such a commotion he agreed just to shut them up. "if I'm being part of this we are doing it right though" Remus conjured a chalk board and started modifying Sirius's plan to amend all his obvious mistakes. After he was finished James and Sirius looked at the strange board and were extremely perplexed as to how the chalk could be erased. "Oh yeah this is a muggle thing its like parchment just look at the plan". Once they had regained their composure Sirius ran up to Remus and praised him "you absolute genius I could kiss you right now". To which Remus became quite flustered at he had developed a slight crush on Sirius over the last few weeks. The boys planned their trick all afternoon they just finished placing the charm on the great hall doors. After gathering all the supplies needed and making the charm the boys were knackered but it would all be worth it. They entered and sat in their usual spot on the Gryffindor table snickering as they stuffed their faces. Students flooded in completely unaffected by their prank and everything went along as normal the boys started to worry. Finally peter spoke up "what if he doesn't come in then the charm wont activate, he may of skipped supper" realisation dawned on the boys their first prank may be an epic fail.

The doors creaked open as a small greasy haired boy rushed into the hall as he entered the grand doors cracked and a strange liquid fell on the young Severus Snape. His robes slowly turned from green to red and a lion hologram floated above his head. Snape seemed unaware of his recent change and as he approached the Slytherin table he heard snickers and remarks all things he was used to. As he got closer to the people on his table ready to sit down the other kids robes turned from green to red. They shrieked and threw things at Snape, to which he finally realised hed been hexed. The 4 boys were laughing from the other side of the room even Remus was smirking, glad it had worked out. The whole hall was either laughing or screeching. Dumbledore raised his hand and commanded for silence eventually the students complied. "This is a quite amusing prank however if caught the culprits shall be put into detention enjoy your supper children".  Sirius flopped his head on Remus's shoulder and whispered "ya know without your idea to make the colour change spell contagious that prank would of flopped" "uh- yeah you guys need to be more creative with your pranks" Remus awkwardly whispered back. "Wanna ditch curfew I want to show u something?" Sirius whispered Remus could feel his breath on his neck and lost all words. He nodded and quietly said "yea sure". Then Sirius reached forward and snatched Lily's waffle while winking at Remus.

As the group slowly retreated to their dorm Sirius whacked james across the head and said "mate, you forgot to remind me about the potions homework did you do yours?" "oh yeah sorry I already did mine with Lily in the library you want me to come help you" "no no its ok you seem knackered......Remus will you come and help me?" "uhhhh sure no problem" Sirius grabbed Rems arm and pulled him off while the others went to get some rest. After what felt like forever Remus spoke scared Sirius would realise, he was still holding his hand. "This isn't the way to the library...." "that's because we aren't going to the library, I copied James homework yesterday" Sirius said with a big smirk on his face. "oh" eventually Sirius let go of his hand but Remus was awestruck they were outside and all the stars were glowing and shimmering in the dark inky sky. "I come here when I'm stressed and you seemed out of it lately I'm sorry if I'm overstepping but I wanted to show you this to maybe help" Remus was lost for words he couldn't tell his friend he felt this way due to the full moon in the next few days without revealing his secret "this is gorgeous Siri i- I don't know what to say thank you it this helps" Sirius was stunned no one had used that nickname since his cousin Andy but strangely he felt ok with Remus using it. The boys sat against a large oak tree leaning into each other for warmth. "You have the most gorgeous eyes they shine brighter than all the stars" Sirius whispered "I noticed that day on the train and continue to notice every day when I get lost in them". Remus, shocked at Sirius's words, turned and looked down at the slightly smaller boy and replied "Really?" "definitely" he reached up and caressed his cheek "they shine with hidden secrets, desires and with a spark of curiosity." Remus lowered his head and Sirius closed his eyes and their lips met. Under the starlight the two boys kissed and cuddled both too blissfully happy to ruin it by talking.