Midsummer Nights

DAISY DAWSON

I walked into to my room to find a beautiful dress rested upon my bed, I had to admit Blaire had class when it came to dressing her children, the dress was a dark blue silk with a slight purple sheen to it dotted with black floral designs - lets try this on

I stepped into the dress letting the cold silk mould to every curve of my body, the dress cut low on my back and mid way on the front in attempt to not show too much - conservative Blaire- the dress was paired with coordinating accessories, a crown of dark blue flowers and some dainty silver necklaces that lay at different levels on my chest -perfect -

Having some peace of mind knowing at least my outfit would go well tonight I headed out onto my balcony intending to have a couple hours to my self before I had to get ready for a night of socialising.

I sat down and I looked out onto the horizon watching passing boats on the water they were big, fancy boats unlike the one I spent the night on, I liked spending time with the Pogues it was going to be a cultural shock to return back to the country club tonight amongst the pristine dressers and fine winers.

Once finally getting into my current read, I felt a presence from across my balcony, I knew it was him, I knew he was staring. I turn my head to look at him, he picks up his phone bringing it to his ear, my phone vibrates. I pick up, not saying anything.

"Why you ignoring me Dais?" he breaths down the phone like he rushed out here to talk to me.

"I have every right to ignore you Rafe" I reply with a soft tone.

"You pushed me to the ground like some piece of shit" I continue.

"I'm sorry Daisy" was all he could say " 

'I'm sorry' isn't gonna cut it for me Rafe" I kiss my teeth. 

I watched him put his head in his hands, I stared blankly, I had no sympathy to offer right now, he huffed.

"Am I at least going to see you tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll be there but I don't want to be around you right now" I said get up out of my chair - I'm not dealing with this - he rose from his chair and held onto the balcony stretching an arm out.

"Daisy ple-" I cut him off by ending the phone call.

I go downstairs to clear my head and also to stay clear of Rafe for the time being, I slump down on the sofa, turning on the TV to distract myself. 

Not even 10 minutes in Blaire comes storming into the living room with her hair in curlers and makeup half done.

"Daisy you need to get ready" I check the time, also ignoring any incoming messages from Rafe.

4:45pm

"It's hours until we're meant to be leaving" I groan.

"We leave at 6" she states.

Leaving in a rush and heading back up to her room. I get back up walking to the kitchen, I see multiple champagne, red and white wine bottles all over the counter- no one would notice one missing?- I pick a bottle of white and make my way to my room to get ready.

I put on my dress once again, I go to look in the mirror to see what I should do with my hair. I settled on curling my hair, I was happy with how it looked, I tied half of it up so it would stay out of my face. I only put on some light makeup to match the dress, knowing I'd sweat it off in the matter of minutes. 

I got started on the bottle of wine - this will get my through the first hour of tonight- I take one more big sip leaving it on the side of my vanity, I check myself one last time, picking up my purse and heading out the door.