Introducton

Rose

It was the ship of dreams... to everyone else. To me it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains.

Outwardly I was everything a well brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming. 

Well that was until I discovered she was onboard.

At Cherbourg a woman came aboard named Margaret Brown, but we all called her Molly. History would call her the Unsinkable Molly Brown. Her husband had struck gold someplace out west, and she was what mother called "new money". With her she brought Lizzy, her niece Elizabeth Brown was a girl not much older than me at the time. We had become acquaint during our time in England, which developed into a fond friendship.

Lizzy was everything I wish I could be, because she wasn't born into wealth there was no expectation for her. She was beautiful and carried herself with grace fitting in perfectly to the 1st class lifestyles. But she could do whatever she pleased, shed attended school and learnt like a boy, not finishing school which was the only option for me. But most importantly she was not tied down by a man.

She had not be engaged to a man yet however from what she'd told me she had indulged with a number of partners, none of them lasting long.

Mother believed her to be a negative influence on me due to her lack of embellishment and acceptingness of those of lower classes. But I saw her as an idol, she had the independence and freedom I yearned for.

I cant say she isn't a negative influence in the eyes of upper class society, one time she took me dancing, I was only 15 but she took me to a bar where she spent the whole night moving from partner to as they spun her around and bought her drinks. It was the best night of my life, I had finally experienced what it was like to be alive. that was the night I began to hate cal.

She was a beautiful soul.