Chapter 1

Lizzy
"Aunt when we arrive in America where is it that we are going?"
"Well I'll be staying in New York but you my dear can go wherever you'd like live a little"
I smiled while looking out the window of our car, we were getting closer to the dock, the crowds are growing and the noise levels rise by the minute.
"Although I don't know why you'd want to, New York best city in the world" aunt continues.
Laughing slightly "I hope so I have rather outgrown london and now apparently Paris too"
"You'll find your place liz" she reassured you
"I think I'll get an apartment in Brooklyn find me an American boy to show me around, maybe I'll even stick with one and settle down."

The car comes to a stop and I rush to escape, pushing my way through the crowds at Cherbourg docks. It was already 6:30pm and the light would be completely gone soon, this would be one of my only chances to see the titanic from afar before it was just another ship.

I was awe struck. It wasn't beautiful per say but it was surely an impressive vessel, Thomas Andrews designs will never fail to astound me but maybe I was a bit bias based on the close relationship we had built over the last few years. We had first met during my visit to Belfast in which he introduced me to the art of shipbuilding and gave me an exclusive look at the blue brings of the ship I was now stood in front about to board. Personally I do prefer art and music but I can appreciate the experience I am about to one of the first to receive.

I look forward to seeing him again it had been almost a year and despise the age different he was one of my favourite people to be around, he had an interesting character.

I felt a presence behind me, turning to see my aunt.
"Come on then lass, let's start our voyage on the ship of dreams"

———————————————————————
We made our way through the 1st class area towards the elevators which would lead us to E deck where our rooms would be.

"Well, I wasn't about to wait all day for you, sonny. Take 'em the rest of the way if you think you can manage." Aunt called out to the porter who was carrying her vast amount of cases. I do pity the worker my aunt has decided to bring everything she owns in this trip and due to her economic situation it consists of a large amount of cases.

I on the other hand only brought two cases one of which I was carrying, I saw some disapproving looks from the other member of 1st class due to the fact I was not exploiting the workers out of pure idleness.

As we reached the elevator a group was coming out of it, at first I payed no attention however when the familiar head of red curls entered my vision I stopped.

"Rose?"

"Lizzy" she smiled turning to me, the rest of her group kept in walking only her mother giving me a look of disapproval. I placed my case in the floor and wrapped my arms around my friends shoulders.

"I feel like I haven't seen you In ages rose, I've missed you" I said pulling away. She smiled
"I am so glad you are here I have been dreading my time on this boat but you may make it a little more bearable"

"Rose" her mother called,

"I'll see you later" I picked up my case and made my way into the elevator.