My heart is a heavy burden

After my bath, Finn woke up rubbing sleep from his eyes.
"hey, bud you need anything?" I asked softly brushing back his hair.
he shook his head no as I wrapped the blue blanket over his shoulders.
"Okay well, tonight is the festival and I'm taking you with me, you're gonna stay at the pack house for a bit," I explained.
he looked up at me lips pouting "why can't I stay with you and the puppies?" he whined,
"Because I can't keep you safe, I'm not like the other pack members I'm like your dad"
I thought he would argue but he didn't, I wasn't sure if I should let him take a bath here or wait till I get to the pack house.
Finn saw timber laying on the couch in the living room and was gone, so pack house bath it was.

I walked back to the bathroom and started on my makeup something simple yet elegant, a light gold to brown smoky eye would be enough and would complement my dress.
after playing with my long brown hair, putting it in different styles I decided to just go with it down and hope I don't get it caught on anything.
the whole makeup and hair process took me about an hour and it was coming up on 7:30, I still haven't heard from Kacy I figure I'm going alone with Finn, who I could hear wrestling with the boys in the living room, finally, after arguing with myself thinking about wearing something soft and easy, I opened the box that held my dress and It was still just as beautiful the pale blue would look iridescent in the full moonlight.
it was pretty hard to get on I kept getting lost in the tule, but eventually, I was successful, the way it fell was perfect it hugged my upper waist, and tule with gold embroidery flowed all the way to the floor, I honestly felt like a princess, I had to laugh because when I looked back into the box Luna Zoey had put pale blue glitter covered stilettos.

I did. quick twirl in the mirror and smiled, but that smile soon faded when I still hadn't heard from Kacy, well fine if he wants to be a child and throw a fit then so be it.
"Finn come on we gotta go!"I called to the living room he had turned on some kind of cartoon and was curled up in a puppy pile ghost stretch across his lap.
ghost was now lying next to Finn in the back seat of my car, ghost wouldn't let the boy out of his sight.
the drive to pack territory took about 45 minutes and it was another 14 to the pack house where the festival was being held.
I could see the border coming up, alpha lark hadn't said anything about a checkpoint but with what we saw today I understand why, I had to be the 10th car in the line it would probably be a good while before we get in.
"um Sammy,?" Finn's little voice chirped from the back.
"yeah, buddy?" I replied,
"I really need to potty" Finn was wiggling around in his seat to not pee in my car, I had to hold my tongue from screaming at him.
"Okay I'll see what I can do I'll get out and see if they will let us through, stay here don't get out ghost will keep you safe" I promised looking back at my fluffy boy willing him to stay with my eyes, opening my door I look towards the check gate, hoping to see a familiar face, thank Goddess it was Trent who was doing checks, he was one of the more tame males.
"Trent I need you to let me through" I demanded,
he looked me up and down his eyes his gaze eating me up, he let out a whistle,
"I would love to beautiful but no can do gotta check all the cars, alphas order" he explained " unless you wanna strike up a deal with me, I let you through, you let me have you for the night" he winked at me.
I was quite taken by surprise, I raised my eyebrows as he stood up towering over me, reaching over and brushing a stray hair behind my ear, I had to take a step back.
he wasn't unattractive, tan skin dark brown eyes, and a boyish face not yet tainted with age lines, but at the thought of being with another male made a deep pain in my stomach.
"Sorry, Trent it's just I have Finn and he's gotta pee so I was hoping you could just let us through or he's gonna go in my back seat"  I replied looking away not wanting to take my eyes from the vehicle for too long.
his expression turned to sadness.
"alright fine, I'll let you two through but you owe me"
his voice softened all teasing gone.
"thank you for taking care of him, he's an amazing pup" he added pulling me in for a bone-crushing hug. "thanks Trent" I murmured into his chest.
a violent roar tore through the air as I was ripped out of Trent's embrace, I let out a yelp as I was pulled into a hard body, practically knocking the wind out of my small body.
strong arms circled around me, "MINE!!" the voice barked, Trent fell to his knees bearing his neck in submission.
it all clicked, I wriggled around I'm his arms to look up at him, my brows furrowed in anger at the possessiveness of the alpha male.
"Kacy what the hell!" I growled, which caught me by surprise, it must have surprised him too, he looked down at me eyes wide, the shocked expression passed quickly to irritance, "what the hell? really? I catch you with your face burrowed in another wolf chest and you think you have the right to question me? little mouse!" he spat, grabbing a hold of my arm and dragging me away.
my hands immediately started flailing about trying to escape his grip, "let me go! let me go! you have no right to touch me, I'm my own person " I screamed in rage.
"I'm protecting you" Kacy hissed through gritted teeth as he stopped dragging me along only to pick me up bridal style, making me squirm around to get back down, I was struggling and I could feel tears building up in my eyes, he could hear every sob that left my throat, his grip tightened even more around me.
"wait wait! stop! Finn is in my car" I cried, just thinking about leaving him behind made bile rise into my throat.
"so please put me down"  I begged as I continued my futile attempt at getting down from his grasp.
"no" he huffed and began walking again, I let out a frustrated scream but to my surprise he slapped my ass, causing me to let out a strangled squeak.
I heard my car door open and soft running sounds as Finn, tears running down his face chased after us.
"I told you to stay in the car" I called after him, but he jumped in front of Kacy, pushing on his legs attempting to make the neanderthal of a man halt.
Kacy easily lifted him out of the way with his leg throwing him to the side, I gasped, how could he hurt a little baby? Finn sat on the gravel road wailing tears and snot running down his face, his ears drooping, then he peed all over himself.
only then did Kacy drop me, he had a panicked look in his eyes, "I'm sorry I don't know what came over me" he whimpered stepping back from us, I bent down running my hands through the pup's hair soothing him the best I could.
"shhhhhh honey it's okay" I cooed, then looked up glaring at the giant idiot beast of a wolf, " apologize" I barked.