Brewing deception

Pov Kacy

This was all fucked up, i should have known it had been to peaceful for much too long. 

But the difference this time the chaos was coming for mine, my little mouse and finnick, my boy.

My anger was unimaginable. Gray was clawing just under my skin.

“THEY WILL DIE, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!” he roared viciously, i almost couldn't keep him in check, his goal was to break free and destroy everything.

“Calm yourself, if we hurt Sam you will regret it forever” I argued, it worked. I felt the anger but I was completely in control again, my fingers still running up and down my mate's spine in an attempt to give her comfort while Liam got finn.

Fear was pouring into me through the bond, but then it was like a switch was flipped in Sam's mind, her anger flowed like a never ending river even greater than mine.

I felt the mind link snap and she was in my mind.

“Kacy?” she sent my name to me as if it was a question.

“Yes little mouse?”

“I'm going to kill him. '' Her words were not a question nor was she asking permission.

Her emotions made me shiver, my mate was something powerful, an untapped wealth of power.

“ yes my love together” Gray answered for me but my thoughts echoed the same, her fingers found my own offering comfort and strength.

The link cut off and her small heart shaped face looked up to me her eyes full of love and determination, then her attention was on alexander and whatever silent conversation they had i was not privileged too.

The fog in his eyes faded as sams did. He looked quite surprised gripping the edge of the table, knuckles strained white whatever had just happened was obviously eating from the inside out.

“Luna, is that an order?” He spoke through clenched teeth.

“If that's what it takes then yes it is” i looked over to lark and he looked as lost as i felt.

“What's going on?” i pried 

“Samantha has asked me to train her” he sighed “And i cannot refuse” his voice broke at the end.

Lark looked as if he wanted to argue but with just a look in his direction he was quieted.

“Let's call us even alex” sams words cut the tension in the room like butter.

Alex hung his head in defeat, a light chuckle came from him, his4 expression left a ball in my throat, tears fell down his face, a wide grin focused only on her, that's when it hit me the weight on Alexander's heart. 

That moment was forgiveness.

A weight off both his and her shoulder had lifted, I didn't realize how it affected us all.

“Samantha!” Finn threw the door open wrapping his little arms around her burying his face in her gray t-shirt, his face red from running, his light gray ears standing up straight with excitement.

“Liam raced me here and I won!” he chirped with a giggle on his lips.

I placed my palm on his hair ruffling it gently.

“Good job buddy” I praised, Liam walked in dramatically, panting.

“Wow you're so fast, Luna he's gotta be the quickest pup ever” musing with faked exhaustion.

Finn's joy was contagious.

All of us were gazing at him lovingly, he was protected completely, I would bet my own life on it, “Yes he is” Gray agreed pushing to the surface to peer at his pup.

Lark was the first to speak his expression grim “What do we do now?” it was a valid question, i wanted to keep my family safe but how?

“We hide Luna and Finn away” Liam suggested, he was quickly shot down.

“I refuse to hide while you all risk your lives when I can help” Sam spoke, clutching our boy.

“But Luna” Liam started.

“No” Sam aura slammed into us all calm but powerful.

Lark let out a quiet whimper as he fought her, which was surprising.

Her strength always astounded me.

“Make an aid request with the Alpha king” called a familiar voice from the open doorway.

“Mother it's impolite to eavesdrop” i called to her as she came in and shut the door, implanting herself in our private conversation.

But that's my mother for you. She was the Luna of this pack for so long she has trouble letting go.

But on the other hand her input could be helpful as she had fought many rouge wolves and witches in her lifetime.

“Son, if you wanted to keep this private, maybe keep the doors shut” her voice was playful as she pulled up a seat and sat at the large round table.

Her very presence demanded respect, my mother was a picture of grace. She has been that way my entire life, time looked as if it couldn't touch her.

Her long coal black hair had no signs of grays, her face unlined with age, it alway through people for a loop to discover she wasnt my sister, her beauty was unmatched.

“Yes mother” I agreed, Finn had pulled from Sam and crawled his way into my mother's lap.

“Hello Darling” 

“Hi grammy!” Finn loved her and she spoiled him.

“Plus this?” she gestured to the papers strewn across the tables wood surface “Involves my grandson and daughter in law , but i'm only guessing” 

“Yes Grand Luna” Liam and Alex said at the same time.

Kissasses the both of them.

Sam wandered over the table looking over the paper herself, I realized I was wrong. One woman's beauty beat my mothers, my little mouse.

“Clare” Samantha sighed, running her hand through her curly brown hair.

“We should be requesting not only the Alpha king's help, but Queen sorceress” she added , my mother reached over placing a hand on her arm, they locked eyes.

“Can you and Sigmund take Finn and hide if the need arises?” 

She just nodded.

Lark had a different reaction as he let out a low growl “No we should all stick together”

Sam gave him a confused look.

“It's just a precaution” she answered him and dismissed him one second, he was on her territory and she would not be questioned.

But for some reason my unending trust for Lark wavered.