Lee Know-My favorite Stranger

It was a nice day. Weather perfect for a walk through the city. Besides fresh air is always good. Y/N had been stuck inside working over the past couple days so it was nice to get out and see the scenery.

You took one last look in the mirror making sure not a single strand of hair was out of place. "Perfect." You sighed making your way out the front door. You had no one to impress, you just simply liked looking your best. Nothing more. Nothing less. On your way out the door you noticed your cat sleeping on a pile of clothes you just folded the previous night. Letting out a long sigh you didn't bother to do anything about it, however, you made a mental note to buy a few lint rollers to at least tone down the problem later on.

Breathing in the fresh outside air that smelt vaguely of rain and feeling the warmth of the sun of your skin was definitely what you needed after barely leaving your house. Despite being more of a homebody, you made it a habit to go out for a walk at least once a week if the weather was nice. "Okay. There's a cafe in that direction and the convenience store is that way." You whispered to yourself deciding which way to go. It'd be a hassle to buy something and then have to carry it around all day and the cafe usually isn't busy around this time of day. Of course there was always the option of just walking and seeing where your legs take you. So many choices. You opted for going in the direction of the café to grab you a drink to sip on. The scenery was amazing. The sun rays shining through the tree branches and hitting the water of the occasional puddle just right. Flowers making and outline of the sidewalk. Even the clouds were arranged perfectly. As the you got closer to the cafe the stronger the smell of coffee and baked goods got.

You approached the door of the cozy little building already knowing what to order. The smell hitting you like a truck as soon as you opened the maroon colored door. You walked up to the counter looking through your small purse for any extra cash.

"Hello" the cashier greeted you.
"Hi." You responded still not looking up.
"What can I get for you?"
"One small milk tea with tapioca please-" You cut your sentence short seeing the cashier for the first time since you walked in. He was beautiful. Probably the first time you ever thought to use the word beautiful to describe someone of your opposite gender. He had features that reminded you of both a cat and a rabbit almost.
"A small milk tea with tapioca?" Your order being repeated to you snapped you out of your haze bringing you back to reality. "Y-yes." You stuttered not fully recovered from your train of thought.

"For here or to go?"
"To go please." The pretty stranger nodded his head to acknowledge what you said. You payed for your drink and sat down at a nearby table as you watched him make your drink. The longer you stared the more you took notice of his features. Everything from his hair parted perfectly down the middle to how his top lip was slightly more plump and than his bottom lip. His mannerisms only further reminded you of a cat. If he wasn't so quick with making your drink, you probably would've fallen back into that haze you were in a moment ago. He placed your drink on the counter making eye contact with you to signal that your drink was ready before talking to the next costumer. 'Is he the only person working today?' You thought standing up to get your freshly made beverage. Just before leaving you took one last quick glance to the man wanting to take in his beauty once more.

The rest of your walk was peaceful. As peaceful as it could be anyways. You were distracted with the thought of the stranger you had a brief interaction with. You were so lost that you almost forgot to stop by the convenience store.

The next two weeks dragged on. Especially now since your team couldn't decide what they were going to do for the project your boss assigned. You worked from home, mostly communicating with your coworkers through calls or text. There were occasions when you would show up to the office but you try to avoid going if it's not for something special. You were in the middle of forming a list of ideas you and your coworkers came up with when the thought of that stranger popped into your head. You debated on whether or not you should take a break and go to the cafe just to see if he's working today. Checking the clock only to notice there were five minutes until your scheduled lunch break for work started, so you decided to wait it out. While technically you could go on break whenever you wanted, you stuck to the schedule provided as if you were actually in the office only taking the occasional mental break to grab a drink or a snack.