Chapter 6

As dawn spread over the site where three bloodied trolls laid in a puddle of their own blood, a company of dwarves are seen helping each other free from their sacks, heaving as they pushed and pulled from their ties.

In the corner of the site Gandalf and Haraldur are seen walking towards one of the dead trolls, thumping the dead troll with his sword the blue eyed dwarf looked up towards the wizard with an arrogant smirk making the wizard roll his eyes. Looking away from the dwarf he sees Thorin heading towards them.

"Where did you go, may I ask?" the king asked the wizard once stopping in front of the pair.

"To look ahead"

"What brought you back?" Thorin questioned

"Looking behind, nasty business, still, they're all in one piece" Gandalf replied looking around.

"No thanks to your burglar" The king sneered

"He played for time, none of you thought of that" Haraldur jumped in, looking the king in the eye, silently challenging him. The younger dwarf stood at least 5 cm shorter than the older dwarf, making him look up at the king to stare him down. Seeing this Thorin recuperated it, seeing the father and son having a stare off the company looked on silently.

Breaking the tense silence Gandalf spoke," They must off come down from the Ettenmoors"

Breaking the contact Thorin coughed, stepping away from the younger dwarf looking at Gandalf as he spoke, "Since when do mountain trolls venture this far south?"

"Oh, not for an age. Not since a darker power ruled these lands. In any case, they could not have moved in daylight"

A look of realization hit Haraldur, "There must be a cave near by," Thorin, Gandalf and Haraldur broke off as they started to scan the area.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888

Gandalf began leading the company down a dark cave, as they entered, the dwarves began to cough and retch at the smell.

"What's that smell?" Kili exclaimed with a look of horror on his face.

"It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch" Gandalf answered with a look of disgust on his face.

Passing by Gandalf the mercenary mumbled to himself, "It smells better than Luciens' feet..." hearing his Gandalf chuckled shaking his head. Heading towards the back corner of the cave Haraldur began searching through the treasure.

The company find a pile of gold coins and other treasures in dark wooden caskets. Fili approached the coins scattered on the ground.

"Seems a shame to leave it lying around. Anyone could take it."

"Agreed... Oin, get a shovel" Gloin shouted at the elder dwarf as he had a greedy gleam in his eyes.

In another part of the cave, Thorin stood there inspecting two swords covered cobwebs. Handing one to Gandalf unsheathing them. He looked in wonder at the mighty steel.

"These were not made by steel"

"Nor were they made by any smith among men," Gandalf replied taking a closer look at the markings on the blade. "These were forged in Gondolin by the high elves of the first age."

Suddenly Thorins face changed from a look of wonder to disgust as he began to sheave the sword away, seeing this Gandalf glared at Thorin.

"You could not wish for a finer blade!"

Looking at the wizard hesitantly Thorin began to un-sheave the sword. In background Haraldur look upon the scene with great interest and annoyance. Why was he still holding a grouge upon a group of elves who had no involvement in the attack upon Erebor. Shaking the thoughts out of his head the soldier turn his attention back to the items in front of him. Rummaging through seeing old knives, jewels and even weird shaped horn. He came across a box, covered in weird designs.