Chapter 32

Clean-up Operation 2

"Takumi, wait a minute. That's reckless even for you, no?"

"Takumi-san, please calm down."

Evan-san and Scott-san were the first to come to their senses and looked at me with troubled expressions.

"Ah~ so you think it's reckless, too? So you mean that the higher species don't act in a conveniently congealed manner? In that case, I have no idea what to do~"

That's right~ If the higher species are scattered, even if I want to take care of them all, there's a possibility that someone other than me will encounter them~.

So, one shot of advanced magic before it becomes a melee then?... Is what I wanted to say, but if anyone gets caught, they'll end up getting hit as well, right~ Besides, it would be a shame if the meat of the higher species was torn to pieces. They said that the right to the material belongs to the person who kills the monster, so I want to kill them in their original form as much as possible.

"No! That's not what we are saying! No, we are saying that matter how powerful you are, it's impossible for you to take on the higher species by yourself!

"Takumi-san, I cannot approve of that plan either."

When I voiced my idea about how I would defeat the higher species on my own, Evan-san and Scott-san were fiercely opposed.

"Isn't it safest for me to take over, though? I might look like this, but I'm an A-ranker, after all."

"You might look like this, you say... you are certainly the highest ranked one among us. But, you are also the youngest."

"Eh? Age? Is that the problem?"

"We can't leave all this to someone younger than us!"

"... Ehh~"

I didn't expect Evan-san to bring up age as a reason for his opposition.

The members of the strike force are mostly in their late twenties to thirties. I think there are a couple of people in their forties as well? I certainly seem to be the youngest here, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Rather, I'm originally 28... no, 29 around now, but I cannot say that~

"Then what kind of strategy are we going to use?"

"Well, about that..."

"It may be harsh to say, but you're all intimidated by the number of higher ranking species, aren't you? There's no way to formulate a sound strategy, then."

"Lo, look, maybe we can get more reinforcements."

"You mean we should continue waiting for reinforcements to arrive?"

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

"I just want to get it over with and go home, though."

"......"