Chapter 42

Auction

At last, today was the day of the auction.

""So many people~""

"Indeed."

We arrived at the venue to meet up with Al-sama, but there were more people than we expected, and we were stunned as we looked around.

""Where is Al-sama~?""

"Al-sama told me to meet him inside the venue. I believe he said he would have a Knight we know waiting for us at the entrance, so let's go there first."

""Roger!""

So we headed for the entrance of the venue.

"""Ah!"""

"Takumi-dono!"

And there, in a very obvious place, stood Najack-sama. He immediately noticed us and called out to us.

"Did you take the trouble to wait for us, Najack-sama!?"

"I am the one who knows Takumi-dono the best. I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time, but I think it's time for you to change the honorifics you address me with. No need to be this stiff with me."

"Eh? Eh?"

"Since aunt is treating you as her son, then you are a cousin to me, and we are the same age, as I recall."

Come to think of it, Najack-sama is Rebecca-san's nephew, and he and Wald-san are cousins. But even if... Rebecca-san treats me like a son, it doesn't mean that my relationship with Najack-sama has to be that of cousins, though~

"I don't know if I would call us cousins, but since I do want us to get along better in the future, I will call you Najack-san. Rather, aren't you the one addressing me with -dono!?"

"Well, I will call you Takumi-san from now on, then."

"Yes. You can speak as you usually do with me as well, you know?"

"I usually speak this way, so."

I guess you can't force someone who normally speaks with a polite tone to speak in a more informal manner, huh.

"Naja Nii.""

"Call Allen, Allen!"

"And Elena, Elena, okay?"

"Yes, understood."

"......"

When it comes to Allen and Elena, they strangely like to shorten other people's names. From Najack to Naja, they completely omitted the rest of his name. Najack-san doesn't seem to mind, so... it's okay?

"Takumi!"

After that, Najack-san led us to the place where Al-sama was waiting for us, and the moment my eyes met his, he called my name. He seemed to be very excited.

"What is the matter, Al-sama?"

"Good news! There will be a magic ring auctioned off today!"

"Eh, seriously!?"

"Yes, I have no doubts about it!"

It seems that Al-sama knew I wanted a magic ring, so he informed me immediately.

"I would love to have that!"

I plan to look for magic rings in the advanced dungeon, but I can't be certain we will find one, and I don't mind having more than one, so if I can get it, I'll get it.

"The magic ring will be, of course, auctioned during the night session."

"... Night session?"

"Ah, it's your first time at auction, isn't it?"