Chapter 1; the beginning

"Damnit, Damnit, DAMNIT!" 

My computer won't load. I literally only have an hour before my final was due. I had spent hours going over every detail only for my computer to die less than an hour before the paper was due. I was writing my senior theses was on the physical effects of music on the body, and I had put hours upon hours of my time into this. I pulled three all nighters and looked at and studied around 40 college studies for this. I put my computer down and start pacing around my dorm. I could go to the local library, try to sign into my account and print it off there. The library's closed. I peek out the window in hopes of seeing something that will spark my brain, but nothing comes and it only pisses me off more. 

I pull out my phone and text Kali. She'll have some insight. I press call and she doesn't pick up. I collapse onto the floor. No. Noooo. NO NO. I can feel my chest start clenching up. My breathes are coming short and I'm struggling to breathe. Damnit. I can't have an anxiety attack right now. Then I remember what my therapist told me. 5 things I can see. My bed. I breathe in. My dresser, my pillow. I breathe out. Kali's brush, and a car outside. I go through the rest of my processes while I slowly get myself together. I've struggled my entire life with my anxiety. It hadn't been that bad until the accident. And even though it was 6 years ago it still affects me. I stand up and head to the bathroom and throw water into my face. Get it together Maddy.

 As I'm looking into the mirror, I see something behind me move. I swing around, my fists at the ready. I had always been one to fight. Flight seemed dumb to me. No matter how far you run, whatever you're running from would catch you. And when it did, it would be much worse than it would have been if you had fought. I scan the room, but the thing seemed to have disappeared. I walk slowly into my room again, the pale blue walls seeming to ooze nervousness. I hear a step behind me so I swing around again and almost punch Kali in the face. 

"Holly Hannah what's wrong with you Mads?!" She yells at me as I completely miss her face. She stumbles back a second while I completely trip forward, my force going absolutely nowhere. As i crash to the floor Kali moves around me and puts her hands on her hips. 

"Maddy we've talked about this. Punching on first instinct is how you broke Kase's nose in 8th grade and got suspended in 9th," She scolded as I propped myself back up against the corner of bed. Damn that had hurt. I rubbed my head while Kali moved towards the Freezer grabbing an ice pack. 

I slowly stand up and gently grab it from her hands as she turns back around to look at me. With a shake of her head she asks, "why do you do that anyway? It's not like you're deeply traumatized beyond no return."

I give her a glare and say, "How do you know that?" I ask sticking out my tongue. "Are you having troubles with the internet? I need to print my senior thesis and I swear to everything holy that if I don't get it printed or turned in, I'm gonna kill myself. It's literally worth 75% of my grade." I start to sound desperate and I can see in her eyes that she knows I am. 

"It'll be ok, why don't you print it off in Mrs. Well's office? She likes you good enough," she replies. I grin and hug her. God she makes my life so much easier.

"YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER AND I LOVE YOU!" I yell as I run out of the room. I have 30 minutes before it's due and so running for my life seems like my best option. The kids walking around campus seem to understand that which is always appreciated. I pass by the music building with a shudder. I continue on. Mrs. Wells' room is in the athletics office building. I barge into the building and make my way to her room and with a knock walk in. I immediately regret it. She's sitting in her chair with her dress pulled around her hips, and there her husband is right before her eating her out. My eyes blow wide and I back into the hallway. Mrs. Wells is frozen in her chair as I shut the door and try to burn the image from my head. Ew head. 

I sit outside the door and weigh my options. I could wait outside the door and go in when I see her husband leave, then again that would still leave a very awkward encounter waiting on the other side of that door. I could always just fail my class too. But it's the only class requirement I have before graduation. That would also leave another semester waiting for me and that's a lot of work I don't want to do. I decide to wait until Mr. Wells leaves. 

I wait outside of her room for about 5 minutes before Mr. Wells leaves with a nod at me. I awkwardly stand up and shuffle into her office. She has a slight blush on her cheeks and coughs awkwardly when I walk in. I feel a blush rise to my cheeks as well. 

"I-um need to uh print something," I mutter sitting down in a chair facing her. She nods and goes back to whatever she was doing before I came in. Wait nevermind, she wasn't doing anything work related before I came in. I shake my head at the thought. 

I print it out as fast as possible and get out of there to avoid any unnecessary contact with Mrs. Wells. Blegh. It's a good thing I'm almost done with college. I don't think I'll be able to look her in the eye again. Once I'm done I rush out of there and into the music building. It's on the third floor. I calm down as I realize that I'm not running low on time anymore. I slip into the elevator and right before it shuts someone else slips in. Is that....     Kase?