Chapter 2; Kase Montez

I scan the person who just walked into the elevator with me. I'm pretty sure it's Kase. The guy has the same curly black hair and forest green eyes that looked a little extra-terrestrial. He looked different though. The man before me had a large build 6'4 with broad shoulders, and tattoos on his neck and arms. I couldn't get a good look at his face. Kase had always been fairly good looking, but for the most part, he was pretty average looking and the man before me looked like a god. Before I could think too much about it I tapped him on the shoulder and asked, "Kase?"

The elevator dings and opens to my floor, but he turns to look at me, blinking rapidly. His mouth slightly parts as he asks, "Jukebox?" I nod and his gaze darkens and he shuts his mouth. Before I can move he aggressively picks me up bridal style and starts running. 

"KASE WHAT THE HELL?!" I yell as he runs towards the stairs and starts going down them at a dangerous pace. I feel my head jerking around with every step he takes giving me whiplash. As he keeps me close to his chest I can't help but inhale his scent. He has always smelled faintly like cedar and rain, with the tiniest trace of lavender, but I always knew that if I commented on it he would have been embarrassed, but as he flew down the stairs with me in his arms, I couldn't help but notice the strong smell of metal. 

As we reached the landing of the stairs, he set me down, but he also grabbed my arm and started dragging me outside. "Kase let me go, I have a paper due in 5 minutes and if I don't turn it in I won't graduate and I don't feel like retaking this class," I tried explaining, but he wasn't interested. He kept moving towards the vehicle when I pulled away. He took two steps away before spinning on his heels and glaring at me. 

"Jukebox, quite frankly, I don't give a shit if you have a paper due or not, Kali will kill me if I left you in danger. Now get in the car."

"No."

"I can't deal with this right now, just get in the damn car." When I shake my head he picks me up and I start thrashing. He simply glares at me and throws me in the back of the car and locks the doors. 

He enters the drivers seat, turns on the car, and slams on the acceleration. I jerk back again and have a feeling that my neck is gonna fall off before the end of the damn day. I tell him as much. I've never been his favorite person, and that was especially not true after the accident, but I didn't think he'd take it as far as preventing me from turning in my senior thesis. 

I start yelling at him about it because if he thinks I'm going to let it slide my guy has another thing coming. The biggest reaction I get out of him was an eyeroll. 

"You're such an ass. I knew you hated me, but you don't have to put me another 800 dollars in debt. You do realize that's what's gonna happen right? I'm going to fail this class now and have to take it again and this f****** class is 800 dollars. I'm gonna make you pay for this."

And as I'm scolding him over this, I realize how much crap I'm really in. I'm barely covering my bills as it is, and I'm already so in debt, another 800 dollars is just going to add to the stress. As I'm getting lost in these thoughts I trail off. He notices and glances at me through the mirror. I shudder a little as his gaze burns into me. I didn't get a chance to really appreciate him earlier, but now I have a chance to. Now he's something to actually look at, and if the chance is there, f*** it why not appreciate the view. He really has bulked up. His grey shirt does nothing to hide the abbs I have a feeling now live on his stomach. He meets my gaze and I see a small smirk appear on his face as he realizes I'm checking him out. I blush and look away. He lets out a small chuckle. 

I'm staring at my hands out of mild embarrassment when I feel the ground shaking. "Shit," Kase curses as he pulls a U-turn in the middle of the highway. My body slams into the side of the car with the force. Kase makes eye contact with me in the mirror as he starts, "Maddison I know you don't think I would do anything to help you but Goddamnit for once in your life please listen to me. When I stop, you're going to get out of this car, and you are going to run as far away from here as you can. I need to go get Kali, and I will find you again ok?!" 

He never uses my full name...  So for once.... I run.