𝚂𝚒𝚡.

Fayen is met with the sounds of laughter when she walks back to the group she left moments ago. Her head is spinning from her quarrel with Leclerc on the balcony and she can't bring herself to be pleasant company right now. She looks around to find a reason to avoid the group a moment longer, so she can compose herself better.

Her eyes land on the bar and it's the perfect distraction. She walks over to the bar and orders a cherry vodka on ice. She hadn't been drinking because she was here mainly for work and most of the time she didn't combine that with alcohol. She knows herself better and when she starts drinking she can be a blabbermouth. That is everything but professional, but now she needs it more than her work needs her.

The evening had progressed enough by now to let go of the idea of making any new connection from this event, so that gives her a free pass. While justifying her action to herself she already finished her glass and orders another round, taking a big sip when the drink is put in front of her.

The alcohol works into her veins like little fires numbing her emotions and bringing them down to normal values. With her emotions lowered she has room to think about her confrontation with Leclerc. He thought she was mean. How rude can a person be to blankly call someone mean without really knowing them. He had also called her immature and that realisation makes her let out an audible snarl.

He is the one that is playing games like a child. Her anger rises again and she responds with another sip, what finishes her glass. These glasses are way too small for her appetite and she puts up her hand to order another, but her arm gets pushed down by a hand. The hand is attached to the arm of her best friend standing next to her.

"I don't think that's a good idea, do you?" Grace points her eyes at the empty glass in front of the other woman and she purses her lips. "Maybe not, but I need it."

Grace shakes her head at Fayen. "No, you don't. Maybe in a minute, but take a breath first." Fayen obliges and takes a deep breath. Not that the air is so fresh in here with all the heavy perfume and cologne, but it is working a little. Fayen lets out her breath in a sigh and cracks her neck by turning her head. "Good, now tell me why you are avoiding me."

"I'm not avoiding you," Fayen answers, making her hands loose from Grace's so she can turn her back against the bar for a little support. "Okay, then tell me what's going on, because I saw you coming from outside and then making a straight line for the bar." Grace asks with a worried expression. Fayen feels guilty that she made her friend worry about her when there was nothing major wrong.

"It's nothing important." Fayen tries to smile it off, but Grace sees through it giving her friend a stern look. "It's Lord Percy."

Grace's worried expression turns to confusion and Fayen clicks her tongue, before explaining with one name. "Charles." Grace nods at that, but her confusion stays and she chuckles. "Why 'Lord Percy'?"

Fayen laughs too and she mumble a little, not really wanting to answer. "He's just annoying."

"That's no reason to name him after an annoying Harry Potter character," Grace response still grinning. Fayen nudges her, laughing. "It's not that Percy. It's like Lord Perceval, but meaner. It suits him as he is acting like he is better than everyone." Her alcohol blabbermouth is already showing and she mentally slaps herself for downing two vodka's in ten minutes.

" Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc," Fayen clarifies when Grace still looks like she is totally lost. She shakes her head at that. "Right, but what did he do to make you start drinking?" Fayen rolls her eyes and sighs. "Being annoying, arrogant and not leaving me alone. I don't know what he needs, but it feels like he is actively seeking me out to taunt me and poke fun at me. And now he called me mean and immature and-"