𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎.

The weekend had not even started yet and Charles was already regretting everything about it.

Fayen hadn't left his mind since she had dropped the drivers off at the airport. The whole flight he was thinking about the moment of vulnerability that passed between them in that small bathroom. Fayen's confession wouldn't leave his mind. Even when he got distracted by the fun of the drivers around him something would bring him back to those words.

'I rescued your sister from killing herself'

Charles leans his hands on the sink looking up to meet his own eyes into the mirror in front of him. Was she really that far gone then? He had known something was off, even in the state he had been that night but was it really that bad?

He had tried to keep distracted and ended up on the golf course with the group he was with for the rest of the afternoon. Where, to his horror, he got set up with Fayen as his guest this weekend. Why can't she just give up her convictions and go with her brother so Charles can focus on his driving? But Charles can't deny he wants to talk to her and ask her how she is doing now? Like how she is really feeling.

Charles averts his gaze to avoid seeing the blush creeping onto his own cheeks. It is not his business to know what is going on in Fayen's mind. They couldn't talk about it as she had shut him out before even letting him in. Charles actually doesn't know if he even wants to be let in. The hurt and pain in her eyes when she said those words haunts him already, how much worse will it be if he finds out she is still not doing okay?

Not only had she shut him out, she had a full meltdown. Which came mainly because of her claustrophobia, but Charles knows that the conversation also was a factor in her sinking to the floor. After they had been freed by Pierre the evening had wrapped up rather quickly. Grace took Fayen home and Pierre made the beds for Charles and Lando.

Lando had tried to talk to him, but Charles was just not in the state of mind to share his experience. He needed the night to wrap his mind around the information he had gotten about the woman he thought was just cold and iron, but there was a whole lot more going on.

She had offered to come to the airport with them, but she avoided Charles as if he had a contagious illness and she was mainly there to apologise to her brother for ruining the evening. Pierre of course discarded those apologies because it had not been her fault. He had been waiting patiently, standing on the side while Fayen had hugged both Pierre and Lando. She hadn't even looked at him before leaving.

And now Charles is getting ready to spend a full evening with her being around as well. Possibly looking as incredible as the last event they attended. Charles is maybe stubborn but he is not blind. Fayen is a beautiful woman to look at and he found himself stealing glances at her every time she was around. He can't help himself, trying as hard as he can not to, but it is as if she is a magnet pulling on his eyes.

He looks back at himself grabbing the bowtie that hangs loose around his neck to tie it in a proper way. The memories of that last event get pushed to the back of his mind, not willing to let them resurface to make him more nervous than he already is. The nerves come from an unknown place which Charles finds highly annoying. Fayen is probably going to ignore him anyway and maybe it's better he would join in that game of not acknowledging each other.

He nods at himself, tugging on his bowtie one more time. If she keeps ignoring him Charles won't try to get her to talk to him, not even look at him. She can get a cold-shoulder as she is searching for one. He can ignore her too. As he looks at himself he sees the lie in his own eyes.

Who is he kidding?

***

"Don't you look nice," Fayen smiles at Lando as she walks up to him. Lando treats her to one of his million dollar smiles and makes a show of tugging at his bowtie to accentuate the compliment.