Chapter 34 - Ceremony

Suzuka stood outside of the school, staring up at the cherry blossoms blooming on the nearby tree. She placed a hand on her chest, her heart racing.

Harumi wrapped her arms around Suzuka's waist from behind and pressed against her. "Nervous?"

"A little," Suzuka said, placing her hands over Harumi's. "But, I'm fine."

"Mm." Harumi nuzzled Suzuka's cheek, then kissed it.

"Let's not keep everyone waiting."

Suzuka turned towards the group of monsters not far away, most of them other students from the school along with some parents. Asahi, Nanmei, Mika, Hikari, and Ayame were all present. Everyone wore dresses or other formal attire.

"It's your day, I'm sure they're fine with waiting as long as you need," Harumi said.

Suzuka took Harumi's hand. "It's our day."

The two smiled at each other and began walking to the others.

Fuyumi clapped her hands together. "Okay, everyone. We'll be heading out shortly. You've all been warded and had your impulses suppressed, so you shouldn't be too affected by the kitsune. That's not to say you can't play with them, but do so with a clear mind and keep it to before and after the ceremony. And remember, don't say anything about the girls' appearances, Suzuka's race, or her gender. Now, get ready to teleport."

Harumi and Suzuka closed their white cloaks and put up their hoods. The cloaks hung flat around them, completely hiding their figure, while the inside of the hood was filled with darkness, hiding their faces. They could no longer hold hands, so Harumi simply pressed her body against Suzuka's.

"Mika, if you would," Fuyumi said.

"Mika."

The cat-like girl swept her hands through the air. Their surroundings twisted and warped, then snapped into place. Everyone found themselves outside the gates of a massive Shinto-style shrine, decorated with ribbons, flowers, and auspicious items.

Within, numerous kitsune milled about. Their hair colours primarily consisted of shades of brown or red, with a few blonde, black, or white haired ones. The fewest number of tails was two, the highest seven. Each one had supreme beauty or handsomeness. Even Harumi only counted as average among them.

The students stared, stunned, and swallowed their saliva, Suzuka included.

Fuyumi clapped her hands. "Come on. Don't just stare."

Everyone shook off their surprise. They bowed before the gates and separated into two groups, one going along the left side of the path, the other along the right. Harumi and Suzuka pressed against each other, then split up and went separate ways. Fuyumi escorted Harumi while Mika escorted Suzuka.

The kitsune noticed the new arrivals and began cautiously approaching, observing the students from a distance. Some of the more bold male kitsune called out to the ones they thought were cute. The females paid more attention to the two cloaked ones, gossipping about their thoughts.

Mika led Suzuka into a side room. Suzuka took off her cloak and let out a breath.

"There are so many. And the gumiho haven't even arrived yet."

"There aren't a lot of kitsune," Mika said. "Every wedding is a big event for them."

Suzuka nodded and brought out a box. She opened it, revealing a carefully folded white dress. Harumi had never seen it, and Suzuka had never seen Harumi's. Mika helped her change.

The outfit had a flower theme. It hugged her torso tightly, showing off her curves. The dress had many layers, resembling petals. Small cloth flowers lined the edges while the rest was faintly embroidered.