Chapter 7 - 💐

——————————————————

——————————————————

    Ni-ki and the other boys all headed to their lunch table, hands filled with pepero and valentines candy. It was safe to say they were a tad bit popular.

    All were there except for Jake, who was currently being beaten by Eunchae, his girlfriend. Even though he already had a lover, he received the most gifts in their group and probably their entire school.

    Sunoo started a conversation, "What's your favorite flavor?"

    Jay answered first, "I don't have a favorite but I've always wanted to try the corn pepero. It actually sounds good."

    "Only you would say that. My favorite is just original chocolate," said Ni-ki.

    "Lucky. That's the most common one so you must have a lot. My favorite is less common. It's-"

    "Mint choco," everybody said in unison.

    Ni-ki continued, "Mint chocolate isn't that common, but everybody knows you like it so you get a whole stack too. Don't complain." Sunoo side eyed Ni-ki with a disgusted look on his face.

    Iseul skipped towards their table and said, "I'm going to sit at Eunchae's table today."

    "Oh. Here are my extra ones." Ni-ki held out his pepero to Iseul.

    "How many hearts did you break today to get this many? Do I need to gather everyone and make you apologize?"

    She reached out to pull his ear but he stopped her and said, "I was on my best behavior today. I said thank you to every person who gave me gifts. Even the boys."

    "Show-off. Well anyway I got a few today as well. There was actually a cute boy from the year below us that looked so desperate that I almost said yes out of pity."

    "Aish. You need to build a backbone. Say no to everyone okay?"

    "Whatever. See you later losers," she said to the whole posse.

    "Wow. Your valentine abandoned you on Valentine's Day. How embarrassing," Sunghoon commented.

    "Who?" Ni-ki asked. The penguin nodded his head to Iseul and Eunchae. Ni-ki had a surprised look on his face. "Eunchae!? She's already with Jake. Didn't you know that?" Heeseung face-palmed.

    "No, not Eunchae, Iseul."

    "Oh. One out of three hundred and sixty five days without her is fine. Actually it's kind of a relief. It's like I have a ghost with me wherever I go." He grabbed the strawberry pepero from his pile.

    "Well why did you give her your chocolate peperos? You said you enjoyed those. Also, doesn't she like strawberry flavored food better?"

    "She likes the chocolate peperos better. With everything else she prefers the strawberry flavor."