Chapter 12 - 🍿🎄

——————————————————

——————————————————

Ni-ki and Iseul quickly slipped out the door without anyone seeing them. Iseul's mother was sound asleep in her room and Ni-ki didn't have to worry about his mother since he was sleeping over.

Well, he slept over so often that he had a semi-permanent sleeping situation on the floor of Iseul's bedroom. He probably had a layer of dust on his bed just next door.

They had left a note on the kitchen counter because they wouldn't want Iseul's mother to have a heart attack if they didn't get back before morning. So far she hadn't seen it since they had never been caught.

It was a tradition. Starting at eleven years old, they had always gone out at one o'clock to see the new Christmas chick flick. They never enjoyed the actual movie, but it made them feel cool sneaking out, especially on Christmas night when no one else is ever in the theater. They could run around, do cartwheels, talk as loud as they want, and just be kids. Though as they got older, less and less goofing off happened. Just the normal arguments and deep conversations. And the best part, making fun of the movie.

They left in their matching pajamas, - the only Christmas ones they had- huge puffer jackets and boots, and a very large fluffy blanket, since it easily got cold in the theater.

The movie theater was only a block away. This made it extremely easy for them to sneak about in the night. They had paid for their tickets and stared at the concessions menu.

"What should we get?" Ni-ki asked.

"I don't care. As long as we don't have to share. Last time you hogged all the popcorn."

"It's not my fault you eat slowly," Ni-ki said and Iseul rolled her eyes. "The large popcorn has free refills. We should get that."

"Did you not hear what I just said?"

"A large popcorn is the way to go since I'm not rich and both of our stomachs are black holes."

"Fine. I'm gonna go sit down." Ni-ki nodded and walked up to the counter.

When Iseul got to the slightly lit large room, she realized that for the first time, it wasn't completely empty.

Sitting in the front row, an elderly couple were smiling while watching the trailers. They were holding hands and were sharing a Dr.Pepper. They heard her walking in, so they said hi and nodded to her. She nodded back and walked up the stairs to the back row. She pulled out her phone and texted Ni-ki.