Chapter 3

Affections

My ears pondered on every sound it gets. Eyes felt like lasers at the back of my scull. The breathtaking breeze and sounds of chirps I discern is calming to my inner chaos.

The silent serene spirit, I once had in isolation is now a memory in a couple of hours.

No one is born with confidence, it is only nurtured for survival and acceptance.
This new untested change followed a sense of regret.

Sermons of the teachers fell on my ears, fazing away into thin air without record. It is only wise that I throw every sense of paranoia and doubt out the window. I have only a few hours to live before I'm pushed into my reality.

The jingles alerted me back to existence and notice of Beatrice attempt to relax me, her palms worming mine. She succeeds at some point on the way to the cafeteria.

I'm new to this world, where one looks out for another. Enraptured in love with a touch of distrust. I only pray my worming up to Beatrice, be not a mistake. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

The clashes of plates and tray made my eyes burn in realization. I'm forgetting the taste of food, along with the churns in the stomach.

"Are you okay?" Beatrice brings back my focus with concern. "I'm okay Bea, don't worry" she smiled kisses my cheeks. "We'll be out of here before you know it. I don't like it here, either".

Her sentence greeted my silence, how could she do that in public? I've never seen anyone so bold. I guess it's her heritage. I believe blacks are fearless. My life may be less of a maze if I were one. Sadly, I'm not. I blushed, mouthing, seriously? She chuckled in response, I could cage my laughter either.

I will cherish my little times of happiness, so should all of us. Nothing is going to stop me. Not even my step-sister bitch. Not even Vonn.

"Hey Alan". Beatrice approached a blonde sitting at a table of five, with only two present. Alan chuckled, "are you two dating?"

"Yeah, isn't it obvious. Right babe?" Beatrice turned to me, mischievously, I couldn't help but play along to the game. I smiled, "Of course, she is a lovely soul" I responded, blowing Beatrice a kiss. Alan chuckled along with the other two boys.

What's with this school and hot douchebags...

"Get off my chair, Beatrice". She rolled her to the raven hair colored boy. "No one owns chairs around here".

I would say he was cute, but he spoiled that all with his freakish manners. "Want me to hold you, Bea?" The other boy said to her.

"No, there's TWO free chairs I'd rather manage". She hopped into the chair beside me. "This is Carl, a flirting bastard". He cuffed up laughter. "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that, hey?" I smiled, "Hey".

Beatrice turned to the rude guy, staring at him like he's got two heads falling off at the same time.
She glanced at Alan, "This is Alan". She said playfully. We exchanged warm smiles.

I'm tired of this bullshit. The boys are nice, but this is awkward to me... Meeting people.

Beatrice glared at the rude guy who took his time checking me out. Probably realizing Beatrice was not saying any more he said, "Hey gorgeous, it's Jake. You may already know, what's yours?"

A little too confident, don't you think?

Beatrice walked off irritated, "It's Myra, but I ain't ready to know a douchebag like you". He scoffed, I smiled the cutest I could muster at Jake. I'm letting him off for Beatrice's sake