And in the Middle of My Chaos, There Was You ∼ 22

Tcelia held on tightly to Neteyam as they neared the beach, his body tense with fear. Tcelia could hardly focus on anything but the walkways strung above the water growing closer.

She felt sick as she caught a glimpse of Kiri's head lolling to the side. She unclutched an arm from Neteyam's waist and reached to hold Kiri's head steady. Tcelia squeezed her eyes shut, swallowing down the sick feeling that was welling up in her, and pressed her forehead against Neteyam's back, whispering prayers to their great mother.

"We are almost there, just hold on a little while longer," Neteyam's voice broke through to her. Tcelia wasn't sure if he was talking to her or to Kiri, or maybe even to both of them, but it didn't matter – it helped her to hear Neteyam's reassuring voice, even though she could feel his anxiety through his tense body.

When they reached the beach, Tcelia's arm aching from holding Kiri's head still, they quickly slipped off the ilu. They hurried up on the pathway, Neteyam cradling Kiri as if he alone was carrying the burden of his sister's seizure, as if it was his fault that he hadn't been there to help sooner.

Tcelia led the way through the village, ignoring the staring eyes they received from the few Metkayina who were still out. She breathed out a sigh of relief as she spotted their pod and practically threw herself through the opening.

Jake and Neytiri were sitting on the floor in the middle of the pod, conversing heartedly, but quickly looked up at Tcelia as she managed to choke out, "Sir-"

Their gazes turned from confusion to panic as Neteyam stepped past her with Kiri in his arms, "Dad. It's Kiri." Neteyam managed, barely able to restrain the panic in his voice. Neytiri and Jake shot to their feet, Neytiri grabbing Kiri from Neteyam's hold, repeating her name frantically as she carefully laid her daughter down on one of the mats.

Jake took a hold of Neteyam and Tcelia's shoulders, "What happened?" His voice was gruff and Tcelia recognized the way Jake was trying to hold himself together. Neteyam had been doing it just seconds ago. But Jake's eyes betrayed him, panic flickering in them like a flame.

"She connected to the spirit tree and then just started seizing," Neteyam explained, looking past his father, trying to get a glimpse of Kiri. Neytiri was bent over her, stroking her hair and murmuring words that Tcelia couldn't distinguish. "Will she be okay?" Neteyam asked, worry laced in his voice. He tried shaking his father off, no doubt wanting to get closer to Kiri, but Jake grabbed him harder.

"I'm going to call for help, okay boy?" he looked into Neteyam's eyes, "She will be alright." Then he looked at Tcelia, "Get him out of here please." Tcelia understood immediately. It would do no good to have so many people panicking around Kiri right now.

As Neteyam started to protest, saying that his place should be beside his sister, Tcelia swallowed and dragged Neteyam out of the pod. He resisted for only a second before he gave in and let Tcelia lead him away.

She looked back to see Jake turning around and falling to his knees beside his mate. The last thing she saw was Jake touching the intercom by his neck, no doubt calling for help, and Neytiri wiping away her tears that were falling onto Kiri's face.

Tcelia wasn't really sure where she was leading Neteyam, all she knew was that they needed to get away. They met the rest of the group on the beach – they had just gotten back on their ilus – and Tuk threw herself into Neteyam's arms who had crouched down to meet her.

Tsireya and Rotxo grabbed onto Tcelia's arms gently, "How is she?" Tsireya asked.

Tcelia forced a reassuring smile on her face, "She is with her parents. They are calling for help as we speak." Beside her, she could hear Neteyam whispering comforting words to Tuk who was crying silently.