Chapter 9: A place called home

Not proofread

Hyunjin stayed close to Minho's side while the rest of the group seemed to split off to do whatever they needed to do. SpearB and Seungmin split off rather quickly after Chan had left, presumably heading somewhere to get Seungmin looked over by a medical professional. Sunshine decided to stay near Hyunjin for which he was very grateful since Han seemed to not like him if the shorter male's occasional glares were any indication.

Minho had decided to lead their little group deeper into the rebel camp. Hyunjin quickly began to associate the maze of tents and crates with a city. Not because of the way it looked but how it felt with the people pushing past him to get to somewhere without even glancing at him. Maybe they did that because everyone was scrabbling to pack up their stuff. It was impossible to tell where they brought everything. Maybe to some trucks? Beside the silver bus had been a truck.

"We're heading to our tent. Probably to pack our stuff," Sunshine said. Hyunjin quickly nodded. It made sense that they would need to pack their stuff too. Why they were dragging him along was a mystery, but Hyunjin was glad he could stay with them. He would not know what to do with himself if they had just left him with someone else.

Their little group pushed themselves through the ever-moving crowd towards a quite big tent that had 'Stray Kids' sprayed on it in a quick yet precise style. It almost looked like someone"s handwriting, but it seemed to be a logo of some sorts. Minho ducked into the tent first with Han quickly following him. For a brief moment, Hyunjin considered just waiting outside. It felt wrong to just enter the home of the people who had saved him, but Sunshine seemed to think differently. The red-haired male just pushed him through the entrance without must reluctance. Hyunjin stumbled a bit but quickly caught himself before his face was planted into the dusty rugs that was the tent's floor.

Hyunjin's mouth went slack when he looked around. From outside the tent had seemed like nothing much, but that could not be more wrong. Unlike on the outside, the tarp wasn't colored in a boring olive green, but it was a light sand brown. The entire floor was covered in carpets and there were a few furniture pieces such as a shelf with serval items on it, a couch, bean bags, a table with chairs and even a small kitchen area with a cooler and something that looked like a portable hot plate.

There also seemed to be seven different sections within the tent. Six were marked with sprayed paintings of weird animals on the curtains that separated them from the main room. Hyunjin wasn't sure if he could recognize the animals. One looked similar to a wilder form of a dog. Another could be sort of avian, judging by the beak, but it also had freckles, which he was pretty sure avians didn't have generally. Maybe it was a mutation?

"It's super cool, isn't it?," Sunshine grinned, "Oh, by the way, you can call me Felix now. That's my given name."

Felix smiled at Hyunjin and the taller couldn't help but smile back. There was no doubt why Felix had the Codename 'Sunshine'. Though, the name 'Felix' suited him almost better.

Han came out from behind the curtain that had a weird smiling animal on it. He was carrying a crate stuffed full with different pieces of tech. His face immediately soured when he saw Hyunjin.

"Don't just stand there. Help," Han huffed. Hyunjin quickly apologized and went up to Han to take the crate off him. The blond dropped the crate into Hyunjin's awaiting arms, still having a small scowl on his face. Was Han generally easily irritated, or did he just really dislike Hyunjin?

"Don't be mean, Hannie," Felix warned the other before he pushed aside the curtain which had the weird avian on it. Han didn't seem to care much as he continued to look at Hyunjin like he had insulted his mother.