ᖴIᐯᗴ

ᴘᴏᴠ ᴏᴅᴇᴀɴ✾

A few choice words loudly fill the room as Aidonia's Pretty Please started to play low in the background. The person pushed himself off the bed and walk over to the window and bang the sill angrily and swear some more.

A knock shortly followed on the partially closed door of the room. The individual much aggravated and equally annoyed by the intrusion, glared at the door and irritably said to the person that pushed the door further to enter, "Wah yuh want?!"

"Yow dog a mi weed mi come fah," the tall tatooed figure clad in black round bottom tee, black joggers, black and white Nautica with his customery set of wide link gold chains said but came no further in the room.

"How much time mi tell yuh fi nuh smoke in yah?" I snapped as the glare intensified.

"Chill man a just res mi res it in yah wid mi wrizzla cause the one Lanky feel seh mi weed a like him gyal...affi share."

A slight smile tugs at the angry lines of my lips as I stood at the window. I turned further around, leaned against the window and stared at the man who was now walking over to one of the bedside tables.

"Yuh still a fuck Simone?"

"Cyaah tap," he said then gave a little chuckle. "Like the gyal tie mi to rass."

"Gweh, a cause yuh fraid fi av yuh own ooman," I ridiculed. "Yuh know all the nigga dem roun yah gal weh yuh fuck a guh return the fava if yuh get a right out katty."

"Heh, man a gallis! and mi nuh need no ooman fi tie mi dung. No pussy nuh out deh good enough fi duh dat."

I watched as he rummaged through the contents of the bedside table and pulled out a sizeable bag of weed then placed it in the Louis Vuitton cross bag he had slung across his shoulder and chest.

Silence filled the room as Aidonia's voice rang out loud and clear.

From the first time wi fuck mi love yo
Me want you, no gyal cyaa do weh she cyaa do
Pretty cute face gyal me want you
No gyal cyaa do weh she cyaa do

The husky sounds that fill the room with the lyrics had both men gripped in some way or the other because deep down there was an encounter that pretty much had them very much like this. If they should admit it.

"Awww, so yuh did call the number mi gi yuh?"

A change of conversation was appreciated but surely this was not the context of change I was looking for.

"Yeah"

"So?"

"Yuh fawse like yuh sista dem bra!"

"She nuh ansa yuh doh?"

"Fuck off an stop chat nuh bwoy, nuh yuh weed yuh com fah!"

"OD why the rass yuh nuh jus guh dung a she yaad?"

"Mi look like mi love drama like yuh dutty bwoy?"

It was not an insult and it was not taken as such. With his wrizzla and weed now secure in his bag Davian look at me his younger cousin but more like a brother and sighed.

"Listen, the past got fucked up but the present is a time to change it and mek the future betta. Regret a nuh waah pretty ting fi live with."

"DD," I sighed rubbing my hands over my face before stroking my beard which I now sported in a goatee. "Sometimes it's a wonder fi know seh words like that can come out a yuh mouth."

"Cho yuh a mi likkle cuz an mi nuh like the way tings guh dung," he replied with a little shake of the head. "Wi did a likkle yute back dem but wi a big man now an all dem grievance yah nuh fi dead wid Mama M."

I look over at the phone on the bed then back at Davian who it seems happen to realize that the matter was not going to be just one phone call or rushing down to Pat's house and everything was going to miraculously turn out right.

"Listen mek yuh link again some other time," he said pulling out his phone from his pocket and looking down at the screen. "Mi an a few a d boys a guh up a Simone Roun Robin come chill wid wi."

"Nuh feel e vybz," I said moving from the window and going to turn down the radio as suddenly Aidonia Pretty Please was doing to me what Killing Me Softly was doing to Lauren Hill.

"A nuh ask mi ask," was the reply and before a response could be given Davian's phone rang. "See d bwoy Chrome a call mi so get ready mi a guh pick him a d boy dem up den circle fi yuh."

I watch my cousin go through the door and close it with a loud thud as Aidonia ended on an iconic stanza that brought to mind a Pretty cute gyal that for the past eight years had no other woman do what she did.

From the first time we fuck, me love you
Me want you
No gyal can do weh she can do
Pretty cute face gyal, me want you
No gyal can do weh she can do

I sighed and thought back to earlier when I saw her coming towards the taxi I was sitting in waiting on my cousins.

I had waited for years to see her again, played out so many scenarios where the ending would have put many romance novels to shame and have my friends very much laughing after my theatrics.

My heart was now racing just as it did when I saw her. It was like she would be stepping into this room any minute now instead of my replaying her every movement or gesture of earlier.

I smiled as I remembered myself counting how many times she had hissed her teeth as her impatience escalated as they waited on Clarkey to load his taxi.

I chuckled as I had listened to her mumblings, but what gripped me was the realisation of her finding out I was seated in the taxi all along with her.

I was pissed when earlier in the day when the car I had rented had not fallen through and my car was still in May Pen. Biggs the mechanic who was to change the engine had not made the purchase on time to work with my scheduled time frame thus rendering me immobile and the majority of the day plans not able to materialise.

I was the type of person who wanted to move when I wanted without hindrance. A vehicle at my disposal was what I wanted but circumstances played otherwise but the outcome was not bitter, but bittersweet.

Maybe tonight would prove fruitful too.

Maybe if I went out with DD tonight I could have another chance encounter.

Maybe...

Fuck maybes. I was going to take matters into my own hands. I reached for my phone and made another call.

"Shelly here."

"Shelly a OD. Listen mi waah yuh duh something fi mi."

"Name it baby."

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
Please👇

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰Please👇

Nuff love 🇯🇲