ᖴIᖴTᗴᗴᑎ

🌸ڿڰۣ-P̠O̠V̠ P̠a̠t̠r̠i̠c̠e̠

The anxiety of meeting OD was killing me. I was sure Pet knew that I was up to something. I guess it was the thought of knowing that if she or Mama knew I was going to meet OD they were going to blow up on me big time that had me paranoid.

For starters, I got out of bed and started rummaging through my chest of drawers for what I should wear. It seems all of a sudden everything I own was either tired or just did not meet my desired expectation.

Cuh yah a mussi Prince Charles yuh a guh meet!

"Fuck off nuh" I groaned as I pushed in the drawer with a frustrated shove. Then quickly added when I remember it was Sunday morning. "Lord figive mi but mi conscience a get pan mi laas nerve!"

I found myself giggling at the thought of it all. I think I am upping my stage of madness. I got up and decided to just push the stress of meeting OD to the back of my head. I was getting a little too worked up.

I made my bed and placed the hanger holding the jean jumper dress and under blouse I decided to wear on the handle of my bedroom door feeling somewhat relax inspite of knowing this might turn out to be a big fuss if a few family members knew my intention.

I left the room and headed for the bathroom just as Pet was coming out of Mama's room. But then came Petrice and new anxieties came flooding to the forefront of my morning. I figured she went to check in on Jae who was no doubt still sleeping.

"Hey gyal mi ere seh yuh gwaan wid tings last night!" she said with a huge grin as she pulled up the door.

"Good morning to you too," I said sweetly as I glared at her.

"Whateva," she said rolling her eyes as she walk up to me and gripped my arm. "Medz a waah good man. Mi like dat fi yuh."

Shit suh Petrice knows Medz?!

Was there anyone or anyone that my sister does not know?

"Mi waah use e bathroom."

I was not surprised when she came into the bathroom with me. Pet had something she wanted to say and I knew that I was about to get it.

"E tan good to," she grinned as I went to the toilet a bit self-conscious she was in here with me but she seem rather unbothered, "an him a duh wondaz fi di likkle yute dem weh waah mek in a d entertainment industry wid e YouTube channel."

I knew a little of what Medz did because at times posts of his current endeavours came up in my news feed on FB. I never really got in-depth with the in and outs of his life or his business prospects, but I was familiar with him running Medz Promotion and Entertainment Industry.

I never allowed myself to know much as he was just a means to an end. There was never going to be something serious between us.

I got up and flush then walk to the face basin where I wash my hand and reach for my toothbrush. I was partially listening to Pet as I put toothpaste on it and began to brush my teeth.

"Yuh really need fi mek a move in a waah suitable relationship now enuh Pat," she said her voice now serious. "Mi know yuh nuh waah ere dis but lowe out OD e---"

I spat the foam from my mouth and glared at Pet in the mirror above the sink.

"Listen Pet him a Deenie father a mi naah run him out an r life. Him nuh duh nothing fi deserve dat. Evrybody a galang like a sin fi di two a wi fi deh." I snapped. "A wah so bou mi n him dat wi cyaah deh hmmm?"

Silence fills the bathroom as we look at each other in the mirror. I sighed and rinse my mouth before speaking a little calmer.

"Yuh cyaah gi mi a reason because in all honesty yuh a carry feelings fi how e grandmother handle mi, but a nuh OD duh mi nothing suh tap use d ole vagabond fat fry OD."