21 - 40

Chapter 21: Fighting Back With One's Abilities (2)

When Shi Wenfei heard that filming was about to start in the afternoon, she changed out of her costume and came to the set without taking off her headgear.

She had just walked over when she heard Zhu Lei's words. She was delighted and took a few steps towards Director Guo.

"I trust Wenfeng's judgment. Since he can choose Shi Ran, there must be something good about her then."

"Director Guo!" Zhu Lei frowned in disapproval. "The role of the Princess of the Western Regions attracts everyone's attention the moment she appears. Even the Emperor, who is used to seeing beauties, is mesmerized by her."

"It's not just about having a face. There's dancing. As far as I know, Shi Ran has never learned to dance either. It's hard for me to get into character with an actress like that."

Shi Wenfei stood nearby, holding a small fan. When she heard this, a triumphant smile flashed in her eyes.

Zhu Lei was a person who had high expectations for himself and the people around him, especially for actors.

She had deliberately asked someone to spread the news to Zhu Lei yesterday. She did not expect Zhu Lei to really come looking for Director Guo.

"How will you know if you don't try?" Director Guo started to have a headache.

It was good for an actor to take his job seriously, but it also bothered him when one got too serious.

Although he also felt that it might not work, he still trusted his friend's judgment and wanted Shi Ran to give it a try.

"Director Guo, actually, I also think it's very difficult for Shi Ran to be qualified for this role," the assistant director said quietly.

Seeing Director Guo looking over, he was a little embarrassed, but he continued, "The Princess of the Western Region is the most beautiful character in the entire show. We have to at least convince the audience."

"You don't think she is beautiful?" Director Guo asked.

"Of course not. But the kind of beauty the Princess of the West has isn't just external. It's a kind of inner beauty. And then again... I think it's hard for her to act out that feeling."

The others joined in the persuasion.

Shi Wenfei almost burst out laughing.

She did not expect Zhu Lei to be so useful, nor did she expect him to be so annoying.

"What a crowd," Ji Wenfeng said as he walked over.

"They said they wanted to change roles," Director Guo said bluntly.

Ji Wenfeng glanced at Zhu Lei and the others. "She hasn't even acted and you're already talking nonsense. If you have the time, why don't you go and read the script? You're too free."

Zhu Lei was so angry that his face turned red.

Director Guo could only wave his hand. "Let's see how Shi Ran's acting goes first. We can't just eliminate someone at the first blow."

"Yes? Are you talking about me?"

A seductive voice came from behind, and the rising tone was like a white feather brushing across everyone's hearts.

Just hearing the voice made one's heart tingle.

They all turned their heads.

The first thing they saw was the fiery red color.