161 - 166 [THE END]

Chapter 161: Aren't You Going To Take Responsibility For Me?

At night.

Chu Jinchen and Shi Ran met at an open-air restaurant.

Shi Ran, under the guidance of the waiter, passed through the long corridor and walked forward where the fragrance of flowers wafted into their noses.

Two waiters stood on both sides on the white embossed doors.

When Shi Ran stepped in, the fragrance of the flowers grew even stronger.

Their table was situated on the terrace that was decorated with flowers at the edges and vines on the walls.

Looking up, the stars flickered.

There were more stars tonight than before, and the starry sky was romantic.

The corners of Shi Ran's mouth slowly curled up under the mask.

She did not sit down directly. Instead, she walked to the edge and looked at the delicate flowers, her eyes unconsciously softening.

"Hum—"

The drone ahead sounded.

Shi Ran looked up and saw the drone hovering in front of her.

There was a long box hanging on it.

She raised her eyebrows.

She reached out and took down the box

The drone then flew away.

At that moment, Shi Ran was looking around and did not see Chu Jinchen.

What was he doing?

Shi Ran was puzzled.

She opened the box and saw a silver-white necklace lying inside. The pendant was a small and cute whale, and the diamonds on it were dazzling.

There was a conspicuous piece of paper under the lid of the box.

She picked it up and read it.

Congratulations on your successful filming.

Her lips curled up.

She originally thought that the flowers from last night were already a congratulatory gift. She did not expect Chu Jinchen to prepare this.

Then, a melodious tune slowly sounded.

Shi Ran turned around.

Chu Jinchen was wearing a khaki V-neck shirt and black pants. He stood opposite her with his hands behind his back.

Shi Ran's eyes curved when she met Chu Jinchen's deep black eyes.

Chu Jinchen strolled forward with slow steps.

When he stood in front of her, his gaze landed on the necklace in her hand. "Do you like it?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"May I help you put it on?" Chu Jinchen asked in a low voice.

"Sure."

"Then help me hold this first."

"Huh?" She looked up.

Their eyes met.

In the next second, Chu Jinchen stretched out his hand behind his back and a handful of red roses came into view. They were even dotted with transparent water droplets.

Shi Ran lowered her eyes, which were instantly filled with red.

"Is this also a congratulatory gift?" she asked with a smile in her eyes.