Introduction

A kingdom forged out of blood would bare no peace in its time. The Kingdom of Lythe was no exception to this ancient rule, with seven countries at constant quarrel from the northern giant of Wisteria to its great rival of the south: Skrill. In order to gain so-called peace, the idea of a school where all seven countries would send its students was formed. The rules of the school named the School of Lythdom were bent to the influence of each country, with the selected students that attended having to meet rules set out by each country. Some were more lenient, such as Hythnall who preferred to use the school as an opportunity to send those considered less to the school. But, then the war-torn Skrill would only send those who would return to join the ruling class of the country, as it was custom for countries to be able to 'trade' students with offers of positions in their authoritative systems. Skrill and Wisteria had the first pick which would often be their own students whilst Zealia, Anaphaelia, and Hythnall tended to enjoy switching students that would represent the cultures of their home countries which created their close alliances and steered away the two central behemoths. Ceer to the far east enjoyed the protection of Skrill and Kirkbeck remained neutral even though Wisteria loomed at its northeastern borders.

It was far-fetched to claim that this school caused peace, with the pride-filled students only continuing the war that was carried out outside its stained windows. A tense rivalry between Skrill and Wisteria divided teachers and students alike, one that would only be carried on once they returned to their homes and faced each other on the political battlefield. A recipe for disaster when combined with teenagers who carried the weight of the world with their heavy hearts and lost souls.

The year was 1432 and a new class of graduates were getting ready to carry on a generational war that was theirs to bare. Amongst them, the heir of the Wisterian throne: Caleb Estelle, and the princess of Skrill: Olga Kach.