To be human

One week. One short week left. It was funny how whenever she wanted time to just slow down for a few moments it always seemed to speed by even more. She wished that she actually had that time she had when she was without all the extra duties to actually take in life, take in the beauty of the school that she'd called her home for the last five years since she was fourteen. Maybe then she would've noticed more than just the sweeping arches that the Skrill wing offered.

Each of the six wings that branched out from the central hall was owned symbolically by a country that didn't hesitate in the slightest to show their cultures with pride. Skrill provided its students with a vast array of social spaces, from its hedged gardens to the lounge located in the middle of all its dormitories, decked out with the finest fabrics from all seven countries and decorated with delicate oil paintings that depicted Skrill's victories is battle since it's founding. The Skrill wing was most recognisable for its dark wooden beams, symbolic of Rushwood Forest deep in its capital, Abamere. It was also known for its masterfully crafted stained glass windows, most commonly possessing hues of green, blue and black - though this usually would've caused the Skill wing to be the worst-lit wing by far.

Wisteria didn't miss the opportunity to line their wing with fine marble and gold carvings of griffins perched above their candles, they also possessed the warmest wing as the sun remained on them in the mornings when everyone was waking up, which would've been more pleasant than the cold wisps that brushed up against her whenever she was getting dressed in the mornings. Kirkbeck had vines of ivy creeping around the cracks in its walls and possessed a lounge deep into the lower floors of the school that was rumoured to serve meals for its students that missed hall times and some of the best parties that the school had ever had. But that was rumours spread by the giggles of the Kirckbeck students along with the students of Hythnall and Anaphelia who tended to be invited to anything and everything, somehow always attending

The Ceer wing had fishtanks wrapping around the walls, illuminated by the faint glow of the coral at night. The tanks were embellished by swirling metal designs made out of tridents that had been molded to the shape of waves. Naturally, they spent the most time by the school's lake, Lake Zycrid, which extended far out into the horizon, only ending at the boundary of the steep mountains that encased the valley that held the school. Part of their curriculum was that they had to be by the lake for an hour a week learning different skills, though she was uncertain they actually did anything other than play in the lake. Zealia's wing was lined with statues of their great historical figures, not the most settling corridor to wander around at night at all. The best part of Zealia's wing was its extensive library, a true marvel with its grand architecture; spiraling pillars of sandstone, rows upon rows of books and magnificent murals on its great ceiling. She'd only visited it once in order to collect a book for Professor Mycil and she was forever grateful to be able to see what normally only Zealian students saw.

Anaphaelia's wing was a rustic haven for animal lovers with a large section of its land devoted to animals that were usually found in its mountainous regions which they had many of. Its architecture was also mostly based on the hardwood cabins that were found in those regions too, with wooden shutter windows and beams made of wood along with most of its embellishments. Nonetheless, some of her most valuable lessons were taught in that wing such as political history with Professor Mycil - the lesson frustrated her but it didn't mean she wasn't interested in its content- and diplomacy with Professor Kendrick which tended to turn into an argument over rights.

Finally you had Hythnall, which wasn't as much of a mystery to her as the others, it wasn't to anyone. Hythnall possed the centre of all the wings, with the hall, entrance hall and main library falling under their area. Historically, the reason for this was that Hythnall acted as the neutral party in the signing of the Treaty of Zycrid and in its ancient borders, before they were redrawn to cement their alliance with Anaphaelia, the school was originally built by Hythnall to be given up to implement the idea of the school. That didn't mean that Hythnall had any less of their culture on display. For most, these areas were their favourite place to be with their characteristic orange and yellow palette on display in every inch of space, from its curtains to its banners and sofas that were available every few metres with a basket of fluffy red blankets available at the end of each corridor. Wooden carvings decorated its walls with each carving representing an annual festival important to the country's history and beliefs such as the festival of Odalach which celebrated the goddess of summer on the second Monday of the month of June. Odalach was usually celebrated every year at the end of term with a ball that was also used to celebrate the graduates of that year.