* 𝚆𝚎 𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝙴𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝙾𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚜 *

[001]- ☾ '☂︎︎' ☽ -

[001]
- ☾ '☂︎︎' ☽ -

         On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

           He got eight of them.

           Reginald Hargreeves was the last person who anyone expected to have children. He wasn't the fatherly type. Being the cold, calculating and introverted genius he was, the majority of his days were spent locked in his office. Some believed he had died, rumors even went around that he lost his mind and was transferred to a mental institution. But the whispers and the ever growing rumors silenced when word spread that he had adopted not one, but several children.

           Yet, even though he had more children than many expected. The billionaire never saw them as human beings, more like test subjects; objects used to his advantage. He didn't even bother giving them names, only referring to them as numbers.

           Naturally, One was the biggest and the strongest: the leader of the pack. Possessing superhuman strength and being practically invincible made him a suitable choice for the head of the academy.

           Number Two, had a more specific power, he could hold his breath underwater for extreme amounts of time, while also altering the course of anything thrown by himself.

           Number Three had the ability to influence and essentially control persons by prefacing any statement with "I heard a rumor."

           Number Four was not as pleased with his ability than many of his other siblings. He could channel and commune with the spirits of the dead. The usefulness of the ability varied wildly; it was a very situational superpower.

           One of the most cunning of the siblings was Number Five. His power allowed him to jump through space and time. In addition to being able to teleport through various distances, which he often used to get out of the way of dangerous scenarios.

           Much like Number Four, Number Six was less than enthusiastic with his ability. Which he could use to summon "eldritch creatures" through a portal to another dimension under his skin.

           Strangely enough, Number Seven was ordinary. She had no power or ability to call her own. Unfortunately, this resulted in her being shunned by the majority of her family.

           The last and final sibling of the Hargreeves was Number Eight. Possessing the ability to conjure and transfer her being amongst shadows, thus allowing her to travel anywhere and to attack others upon contact with their shadows.

           Reginald Hargreeves had numbered his children in order of usefulness, as their powers manifested. Due to the fact that Number Eight was discovered 2 months later than her other siblings, she was given the ending number.